Evolution Digital launches app-based user interfaceTuesday, October 2nd, 2018
Evolution Digital Launches New App-Based User Interface
- Evolution Digital’s eMERGE™ software client is the newest operator-customizable app-based streaming user experience available across multi-screen connected devices
- eMERGE seamlessly delivers Evolution Digital’s content delivery platform, eVUE-TV®, which offers pay-TV operators’ full line-ups of IP video content, with advanced features and functionalities like network DVR recording, catch-up and start-over viewing
- As a fully-integrated software client, eMERGE enables operators’ ability to merge high-value content from multiple sources by aggregating eVUE-TV with content from third-party OTT streaming providers onto one user interface
CENTENNIAL, Colo. — Evolution Digital today unveils its operator-customizable eMERGE app-based software client that seamlessly integrates pay-TV operators’ IP video services, enabled by eVUE-TV, including live linear, Video on Demand, pay-per-view and network DVR recordings, with OTT streaming content. The aggregation of these video offerings allow consumers to discover and stream their favorite content on a single user interface.
The customer’s eMERGE experience starts at “home,” featuring operator-curated high-value content including live, on demand, new release movies, recordings and OTT shows.
Evolution Digital’s eMERGE gives operators the tools to modify and customize categories, campaigns and featured content. As a fully-integrated software client, eMERGE offers to operators the ability to upgrade their user interface and experience with advanced trick play features like catch-up and start-over viewing. And, with functionalities like deep linking and universal search, consumers can easily navigate and browse the content they’re looking to watch without ever having to leave the eMERGE app.
eMERGE is available on operator managed set-top boxes, like Evolution Digital’s eSTREAM 4K™, powered by Android TV™, as well as retail devices including Roku®, Apple TV®, iOS® and Android™ mobile. More compatible devices will begin rolling out in the coming months.
“eMERGE is designed to empower operators to add creativity and innovation to the look and feel of their customers’ viewing experience,” said Brent Smith, chief strategy officer. “Most user interface options in the marketplace today limit the operator’s ability to tailor the user experience to meet the specific needs of its subscribers. Evolution Digital’s eMERGE breaks this paradigm by enabling dynamic UI changes to incorporate new and compelling content from multiple sources, which is critical in the ever-changing world of video.”
eMERGE’s pay-as-you-grow model secures an appropriate and scalable deployment schedule to operators. Evolution Digital’s video management and delivery platform, eVUE-TV, combined with a fully-integrated IP video software client, eMERGE, offers operators a one-stop shop, minimizing complexity and reducing costs that are associated with multi-vendor integration. eMERGE accelerates the operator’s customer acquisition and return on investment at a fraction of other competing solutions’ offerings.
Additionally, Evolution Digital’s eMERGE app-based software client provides a clear path for universal browse, dynamic ad insertion, non-traditional video sources, as well as future IP telecommunications services such as the Internet of Things (IoT).
Evolution Digital will announce eMERGE operator customers in the coming weeks.
Android TV is a trademark of Google LLC.
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution