Connekt brings 'Buy Now' button to Sony smart TVsTuesday, October 2nd, 2018
Connekt Collaborates with Sony Electronics Inc. to Bring “Buy Now” Button to Smart TVs
- Select Sony Smart TV viewers will be able to use their remote control and mobile device to securely purchase directly from the television
SAN FRANCISCO — Connekt, an innovative technology company that activates smarter TV experiences audiences’ love, has developed a collaboration with Sony Electronics to enable T-Commerce on select Sony Smart TVs and Blu-ray Disc Players.
Through Connekt’s ShopTV™ application, Sony Smart TV consumers with select TV models will be able to securely purchase products directly from the retailers and brands they love. Fully optimized for the connected home experience, ShopTV offers consumers the ability to purchase thousands of products from hundreds of brands and retailers including Macy’s, Best Buy and Fanatics.
In the initial phase of the collaboration, consumers will be able to shop directly from the ShopTV application available in Sony’s smart TV app store. Sony and Connekt will work together to extend this capability to in-program purchasing, as well as to enable voice-driven commerce when that capability is deployed.
“Sony is committed to bringing value added features to our consumers,” said Nick Colsey, Vice President, Business Development at Sony. “Our collaboration with Connekt allows us to offer owners of select Sony Smart TVs the ability to engage and shop directly from the biggest screen in their home.”
In a recently published report, Connekt’s research demonstrated that over 75% of consumers would buy products directly from their TV if given the opportunity, while over 70% expressed an intent to use their voice to purchase products through the television.
“For decades, Sony has been a technology innovator,” said Mike Fitzsimmons, CEO of Connekt. “We are proud be partnering on this initiative to drive the convergence of Television and Commerce.”
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution