More than 100 active Smart TV partners for Connekt in Q3Tuesday, December 18th, 2018
Smart TV Leader Connekt Announces its Strongest Quarter
- More than 100 partners activate smart TV experiences to unlock the power of linear TV across the $470 billion TV market
SAN FRANCISCO — Today, Connekt, an innovative technology company activating smarter TV experiences that audiences love, announced that more than 100 carriers, content and media companies, as well as cross-device advertisers, partnered with the company during the third quarter of 2018. The growth is attributed to a strong demand for the smart TV ad, content and commerce opportunities that Connekt’s patented platform provides to its many stakeholders. The attribution is supported by Connekt’s research and growth in market share, shown by a 500 percent increase in year-over-year ad revenue. The strongest growth the company is seeing occurs across the sales of its smarter TV solutions, including live linear ad enhancement, in-ad voice engagement, dynamic content and commerce solutions.
Highlights of Connekt’s Q3 growth include:
- The company’s historic partnership with Stand Up To Cancer, a smart TV activation that powered interactive show engagement and fundraising across 60 broadcast and cable networks, was the largest scale advanced TV campaign of its kind. The campaign gave viewers the chance to engage and donate while watching the SU2C event directly from their Smart TV, using their remote controls or mobile devices.
- New partnerships and activations with ABC, Havas and Sony. Each of the new partners is working with Connekt in unique ways to deliver the smartest, most engaging audience experiences possible through linear TV.
ABC has teamed up with Connekt to monetize key franchises through an e-commerce partnership across an array of its most popular shows, including Dancing with the Stars, Desperate Housewives, The Golden Girls, Grey’s Anatomy, How To Get Away With Murder, Lost, Once Upon a Time, Scandal and The View. As a result, fans of the network can now “Shop the Shows,” boosting fan engagement and driving revenue.
Havas has partnered with Connekt to unlock smarter TV ad experiences for a number of its top clients. To date, many of their brands have activated linear dynamic ad enhancement against in-market TV campaigns. Connekt’s leading-edge technology is enabling these partners to bring moment-based interactivity and real-time measurement & insights to their linear TV investments.
In early October, Sony Electronics announced its collaboration with Connekt to bring a “Buy Now” button to its Smart TVs. With the “Buy Now” button consumers have the ability to shop directly from the ShopTV application available in Sony’s smart TV app store.
“Connekt is proud to power the smarter TV solutions our partners need to drive success,” said Mike O’Donnell, CRO for Connekt. “The positive attention we’ve received this past quarter is a strong reflection of the value that Connekt brings to the market, and we are excited to announce a strong mix of new TV, voice activation and e-commerce offerings as we help our partners charge ahead in the new year.”
Throughout the past two years, Connekt has provided its partners with access to consumer research to guide their Smart TV investment choices. The latest wave of Connekt’s TV research found 75% of consumers indicate they would buy products directly from their TV if given the opportunity, and more than 70 percent expressed an intent to use their voice to purchase products through the television.
Connekt will showcase its latest TV solutions at CES, Jan. 8-10 in Las Vegas. Carrier, content and media company and cross-device advertising executives interested in meeting the team from Connekt and experiencing the company’s Smarter TV solutions at CES are invited to join us for dinner.
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview