Harmonic Demonstrates Leading Video Delivery Technologies at ANGA Cable 2008Thursday, May 22nd, 2008
Features Wide Variety of HD, IP and HFC Solutions at Key European Cable Exhibition and Conference in Germany
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — At ANGA Cable 2008 stand #B54, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT), a leading solutions provider to cable, broadcast, satellite, telco and Internet video service operators around the world, will present technologies that are enabling operators to deliver a more personalized viewing experience. Solutions on display will include compelling 1080p high definition compression as part of a comprehensive digital headend, video-on-demand (VOD), advertisement insertion and fiber-deep HFC transmission solutions. Operators seeking to deliver more bandwidth to the home for video and higher-speed data can also see Harmonic’s award-winning IP cable and modular cable modem termination system (M-CMTS) solutions. Taking place in Cologne, Germany from May 27-29, ANGA Cable is attended by more than 10,000 visitors from 68 countries.
Harmonic’s featured demonstrations will include:
- Highly efficient fiber-deep wave division multiplexing (WDM) transmission and node solutions that optimize downstream and upstream video, voice and data content delivery to/from the home
- VOD asset preparation and delivery with the MediaPrism™ content preparation suite, Armada® intelligent asset manager and StreamLiner® VOD/ad servers
- A comprehensive ad insertion solution including CLEARcut™ offline encoding, ProStream™ splicer and StreamLiner servers
- Ultra-high quality high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) video compressed at various bit-rates and formats including 1080p 24 frames per second, with the market-leading DiviCom® Electra® and Ion™ MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) and MPEG-2 encoders
- The NSG™ 9000 universal edgeQAM, supporting a unique and broad range of applications including broadcast, Direct-to-Edge cable IPTV, DOCSIS 3.0, edge encryption, M-CMTS, switched digital video (SDV) and VOD
- Interactive, high-quality video-rich navigation technologies for on-demand and user generated content that dramatically enhance the viewer’s experience while leveraging the operator’s existing infrastructure and legacy set-top boxes
“For twenty years, Harmonic has been committed to delivering best-in-class technologies for cable operators around the world, and we will showcase the latest developments at ANGA 2008,” said David Price, Vice President of Marketing Communications and Business Development for Harmonic Inc. “European cable deployments grew strongly for Harmonic in 2007, thanks to our broad portfolio of proven and flexible solutions that meet operators’ needs, alongside our expertise and experience. Our customers of all types in all geographies continue to rely on our market-leading video processing, edge and access, and software solutions in order enhance the viewing experience with the latest generation video services and maximize bandwidth efficiency.”
In addition to the Company’s demonstrations, Sunil Frida, Director of HFC Strategy & Solutions, has been selected to present at the ANGA Cable conference on the topic “Increasing Bandwidth in Cable Networks: Driving Toward Fiber to the Home Architectures” on May 28 at 3:00 P.M. CET.