Tele2 optimistic about EC approval of Dutch merger with T-MobileMonday, November 26th, 2018
Tele2 remains optimistic about approval of the merger between Tele2 and T-Mobile in the Netherlands
STOCKHOLM — Tele2 AB (“Tele2”) (Nasdaq Stockholm: TEL2 A and TEL2 B) notes the media speculation about the merger between Tele2 and T-Mobile in the Netherlands, and confirms that Tele2 remains optimistic the European Commission (“EC”) will approve the Dutch merger, without conditions. Tele2 has not yet received any decision from the EC, which has until November 30 to take its decision.
On December 15, 2017, Tele2 announced an agreement with Deutsche Telekom to combine their operations in Netherlands, Tele2 Netherlands and T-Mobile Netherlands. The establishment of the combined company is subject to regulatory approval by the EC. Tele2 takes part in a constructive dialogue with the EC during its Phase II review of the Dutch merger.
Tele2 has not yet received any decision from the EC. However, Tele2 notes the media speculations about the outcome from the EC approval process and Tele2 confirms that it remains optimistic the EC will approve the Dutch merger without conditions.
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement