NAGRA to showcase approach to pay TV business transformation at NAB 2019Tuesday, March 19th, 2019
NAGRA Showcases a Comprehensive Approach to Smart, Simple and Efficient Pay-TV Business Transformation at NAB 2019
CHESEAUX, Switzerland, and PHOENIX, AZ — At NAB Show, NAGRA, a Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) company and the world’s leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, will demonstrate its latest technologies in content protection, anti-piracy services, watermarking, and active content monetization at the Las Vegas Convention Center, booth #SU3624, from April 8-11, 2019.
“With traditional TV and OTT now synonymous and with numerous needs to address, such as protecting premium content, especially in sports, fighting new forms of piracy, integrating various sources of content and running cloud operations, players in the media and entertainment space must have the right strategy in place for success,” said Tom Wirth, SVP Americas for NAGRA. “We are now at a stage where operators, broadcasters and content owners must drive business transformation forward and adapt to current markets needs by leveraging solutions that are simple, smart, flexible and efficient – this will be the focus of our NAB showcase.”
NAGRA’s key themes and demonstrations at NAB Show will include:
- Cloud-Based Content Value Protection: NAGRA will highlight its cloud-based Security Services Platform, cloud.SSP, a unified and flexible platform for managing all an operator’s content security requirements across all screens. NAGRA cloud.SSP supports TVkey Cloud, a new cloud-based direct-to-TV security solution for Smart TVs. NAGRA will also highlight comprehensive Android TV security and content protection for ATSC 3.0, the next version of the broadcast standard for the distribution of local TV channels in a connected world.
- Anti-Piracy Services and Forensic Watermarking: Complementing the content protection showcase, NAGRA will demonstrate its approach to proactively fighting and disrupting the growing scale and sophistication of ever-evolving piracy threats by providing a combined approach of anti-piracy services and forensic watermarking for premium live sports and VOD content. Latest technology innovations include watermarking with very short detection time for pre-release content, as well as linear channel watermarking to enable broadcasters and sports rights owners to identify which affiliate’s distribution channel or licensee’s TV channel is most often the source of pirated content.
- Active Content Monetization: Driven by the flexible OpenTV Suite, NAGRA will showcase how service providers can effectively drive consumer loyalty by enabling efficient on-boarding of OTT content with an elegant data-driven approach to content discovery. For operators seeking a ready-to deploy end-to-end OTT solution, Conax GO Live provides live TV streaming to Android and iOS devices, with start-over and catch up TV capabilities, in less than 30 days. Running on AWS, Conax GO Live operates on the Conax Contego unified content security platform supporting major native DRMs. Recent deployments of Conax GO Live will be on display.
- Smart Business Operations with Data Analytics and AI: NAGRA will highlight the unique approach and capabilities of NAGRA Insight, an AI-driven, pay-TV data analytics platform. NAGRA Insight enables service providers to make better business decisions to improve their bottom line, take control of the data they own and create personalized actions that drive monetization, along with subscriber value, content, quality of experience, and targeted advertising.
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution