Amino to provide STB software for top-tier pay-TV operator in AsiaWednesday, March 27th, 2019
AminoOS software to power next-generation devices
- Groundbreaking ODM partnership for leading APAC pay-TV operator signed
Amino, the global provider of media and entertainment technology solutions to network operators, today announces that its AminoOS software will power Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) devices for a top-tier pay-TV operator.
The deal is the first major sale through Amino’s new ODM channel, providing solutions tailored to specific markets in partnership with selected ODMs. The devices will be deployed in the Asia Pacific region from June 2019.
AminoOS is an award-winning software solution for powering, deploying and managing connected set-top boxes (STBs) on both Linux and Android TV platforms. Designed to support multiscreen TV, the software is hardware-agnostic and can be deployed across both new and – via upcycling – legacy devices to enable an easy-to-use, unified management environment. It enhances customer service and reduces operator costs using its cloud-based service assurance and monitoring capability.
Key AminoOS benefits include:
- Optimised performance, creating industry-leading reliability;
- 90%-plus self-install rates;
- Increased customer satisfaction and Net Promoter Scores (NPS);
- Lower onsite installation costs, saving significant new customer investment;
- Less resolution time for technical support calls; and
- Extended life of existing devices by upcycling through device middleware.
Donald McGarva, Chief Executive Officer, said: “Amino has a clear strategy to focus on software and services and value-added hardware. AminoOS software is at the heart of this strategy – as we help pay-TV operators meet the demands of modern consumers.
We are delighted that AminoOS software has been selected to power Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) devices for a top-tier pay-TV operator in the Asia Pacific region. This groundbreaking partnership is an example of how we are evolving our business models to support smart, cost effective TV experiences, while retaining device agility and next-generation functionality.”
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services