Foxtel launches The New Foxtel ExperienceWednesday, July 24th, 2019
Australia’s best TV and on demand, all in one place including Netflix
- More on demand content than ever included in the customer’s subscription including complete series box sets.
- Completely redesigned interface which simplifies discovering and navigating Foxtel’s 16,000 hours of TV on demand, just one-click away using the remote home button.
- Personalised recommendations for customers based on their viewing history.
- Integration of app-based streaming services starting with Netflix, the world’s largest video on demand streaming service. SBS On Demand will arrive as part of the New Foxtel Experience in the coming months.
- Introduction of a sleek new Foxtel remote featuring a home button and a Netflix button, making Foxtel and Netflix content just a click away.
Foxtel today unveiled The New Foxtel Experience which will provide customers with its iQ3 and iQ4 set top boxes a completely redesigned user experience, bringing together the best of TV and on demand, all in one place.
As part of the New Experience, Netflix will be available for the first time on Foxtel* starting from today for the iQ4. The move is the latest step in Foxtel’s continued aggregation of the best content and streaming services for customers to view on demand.
Patrick Delany, Foxtel CEO said: “We want our customers to have the best of TV and on demand in Australia all in one place. With our new user interface, accessing Foxtel’s 16,000 hours of TV and on demand content is as simple for customers as one-click on the home button of their existing remote control.
“I can’t think of a better streaming partner to kick off The New Foxtel Experience than Netflix.
“The new customer interface puts two entertainment powerhouses together providing Foxtel customers with access to Netflix service alongside our Foxtel Originals and programs from HBO, FX, the BBC and more.
“More than 1.1 million iQ3 and iQ4 set top boxes are already installed in our customers’ homes. Starting today, The New Foxtel Experience simplifies the way iQ4 users can enjoy Foxtel’s incredible range of drama, sport and movies as well as the best of video on demand, with the experience coming to iQ3 users coming shortly after.
“So whether customers crave Wentworth or Orange is the New Black; Lambs of God or Stranger Things; Big Little Lies or The Crown, they will find it, and more, on Foxtel.”
The New Foxtel Experience including Netflix will be progressively rolled out to iQ4 customers starting today and is expected to be complete in August. The iQ3 roll out will begin in September with all iQ3 customers expected to have The New Foxtel Experience during November.
Foxtel customers do not need to do anything to enjoy The New Foxtel Experience. Software updates will be managed remotely over the coming months and The New Foxtel Experience will work with their existing iQ4 and iQ3 set top box and remote control.
* Requires internet connected iQ3 or iQ4 (when available) and Netflix subscription.
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution