Liberty Global Vodafone deal completedWednesday, July 31st, 2019
Liberty Global Completes the Sale of Its Operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone
DENVER, Colorado — Liberty Global plc (“Liberty Global”) (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) today announced that it has completed the sale of its operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone Group plc (“Vodafone”) for approximately €19.0 billion ($21.3 billion) on a U.S. GAAP basis. The purchase price represents a multiple for all four businesses combined of 11.5x adjusted Segment OCF, or approximately 24.0x operating free cash flow (“OFCF”), for 2017 (the full year prior to announcement).
The net cash proceeds were approximately €10.1 billion ($11.3 billion)1.
We have hedged the foreign currency risk associated with the net proceeds through the use of various derivative instruments, which had the effect of converting the majority of the euro denominated proceeds into U.S. dollars at an average USD/EUR exchange rate of 1.12.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store