Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo contentThursday, January 23rd, 2020
Tulix Creates Best-of-breed Streaming Platform for Launch of Vidgo’s Sports and English Content
- To satisfy the quality and security requirements of Vidgo’s premium content providers like ESPN, Tulix has built an open NextGen streaming platform with leading vendors such as Ateme, Century Link, Harmonic, Imagine Communication, Kiswe, Verimatrix, Veygo, and Zayo.
ATLANTA, GA — Tulix, the leading multi-CDN provider and streaming incubator, and Vidgo the Next-Generation Over-the-top TV streaming service, today gave details of the enhanced technology platform that supports new live sports streaming and other premium channels.
Vidgo is a direct-to-consumer TV provider with a comprehensive line-up of 60+ linear channels in the US and premium content rights to ESPN, Fox, Disney, and Discovery, amongst others. Vidgo focuses on content acquisition and product marketing, with Tulix providing all the underlying technology. With such intense competition in the market, NextGen platforms need effective cost-control while maintaining access to the very best streaming technology in critical areas affecting stream quality and user experience.
Thanks to Verimatrix’s leading content protection, critical content providers, including ESPN and Fox, have given certification to Vidgo.
The new ecosystem powering Vidgo also includes:
- Tulix provides its core CDN infrastructure and acts as the prime system integrator for the project, providing created dedicated workflows and a complete solution including subscriber management and billing. This end-to-end platform enabled Vidgo to pass all barriers to entry over the last few years.
- Within the overall Tulix design, Harmonic supplies a headend for encoding, transcoding, packaging, and blackouts, located in Vidgo’s private cloud.
- Imagine and Ateme provide encoding features for ESPN channels.
- CenturyLink brings additional CDN capacity to the Tulix MULTI-CDN service and transport acquisition for some of the sources.
- Veygo provides content management features (CMS) as well as application support and Verimatrix DRM implementation for Roku, Amazon, and Apple TV.
- Kiswe powers the Vidgo mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Zayo is the fiber interconnection provider for some of the contribution links and source acquisition.
Shane Cannon, Vidgo Co-founder, and CEO said, “Four years ago we began working with Tulix to design and implement a comprehensive over the top streaming solution that would meet the strict network requirements. Together, we have developed the lowest cost operating model in the industry to support premium live streaming.”
George Bokuchava, CEO of Tulix, said: “One of Vidgo’s key USPs comes from providing premium linear OTT channels. So, stream quality is paramount for both content owners and subscribers. Vidgo undertook significant analysis early on to get the most cost-effective solutions. With our core CDN, encoding, and end-to-end workflow expertise, we presented the best answer, and we now provide an ecosystem in which to incorporate best-in-class elements for a linear OTT platform. I’m excited and proud to be powering the launch of Vidgo’s new mass-market packages.”
Cannon added, “With its extensive market knowledge, Tulix helped Vidgo save millions of dollars in startup costs we would have spent through the traditional RFP process. I was particularly impressed by their ability to get the Vidgo apps published onto the majority of the significant platforms.”
Cannon wrapped up, saying, “Tulix’s incubator approach is the most cost-effective way of delivering a live streaming solution for 2020 and beyond.”