MENA SVOD revenues to tripleMonday, January 27th, 2020
MENA SVOD revenues will reach $2.97 billion by 2025; or $2.1 billion more than the 2019 total. SVOD revenues will triple between 2019 and 2025. Turkey will total to $908 million by 2025, with Saudi Arabia adding $563 million and Israel $470 million.
Simon Murray, Principal Analyst at Digital TV Research, said: “We forecast 29.63 million SVOD subscriptions by 2025, up from 12.25 million recorded at end-2019. Collectively, the 13 Arabic-speaking countries will overtake Turkey’s subscriber count in 2025.”
Netflix will account for 38% of the 2025 total (with its subscriber base doubling from 2019), followed by StarzPlay (23%) and Disney+ (11% despite only starting in its first Arabic country in 2022). These three platforms will generate three-quarters of the Arab total by 2025.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023