U.S. SVOD subscriptions to grow by 108 million to 2025Monday, March 2nd, 2020
US to add 108 million SVOD subscriptions
The number of US SVOD subscriptions* will climb from 199 million in 2019 to 307 million by 2025.
Simon Murray, Principal Analyst at Digital TV Research, said: “The average SVOD household will pay for 3.28 SVOD platforms by 2025; up from 2.28 at end-2019. So, the average SVOD home will add one subscription between 2019 and 2025.”
Murray continued: “A dozen platforms will have more than 5 million paying subscribers by 2025 – revealing just how far ahead in terms of choice the US market is compared with the rest of the world. Growth for established players such as Netflix and Hulu will be muted due to intense competition from younger rivals such as Disney+, Peacock and the augmented CBS All Access.”
For more information on the North America OTT TV & Video Forecasts report, please contact: Simon Murray, email@example.com, Tel: +44 20 8248 5051
* For movies, linear channels and TV episodes – excluding other platforms such as sports services.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution