ACCESS brings DW news to connected vehiclesThursday, December 10th, 2020
ACCESS and DW partner to deliver news to connected vehicles using ACCESS Twine™ for Car
- Partnership sees DW as one of the first digital news providers to begin exploring streaming content for connected cars
OBERHAUSEN — ACCESS CO., LTD and DW today announced a partnership that sees international and regional news delivered in multiple formats to connected cars. The collaboration enables car users to instantly access the latest news updates as audio, video or text alerts via the ACCESS Twine™ for Car (Twine4Car) in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) solution.
“Premium content is a central pillar of a services-based offering for OEMs,” says Dr. Neale Foster, CEO, ACCESS Europe. “Car users want instant access to the most relevant news in the most user-friendly way. ACCESS Europe’s partnership with DW delivers that by offering regional and international news to drivers and passengers in multiple formats.”
“This is great news for OEMs who are looking to keep their users informed with trusted source for information in multiple languages and formats,” says Sven Eckoldt, Global Product Director at ACCESS Europe. ”Through rapid technology leaps we are entering the era of the connected car, opening an opportunity for OEMs to create new relationships with car owners and offering the right content is a great way to go about it.”
“DW continually strives to implement technical innovations so that our content can be consumed in as many environments as possible,” said Christian Kuehne, Digital Partnerships and New Business at DW. “The rising streaming capabilities around connected cars provides consumers and media companies with new opportunities. Twine4Car enables DW to make the most of these exciting new developments as automotive becomes a future distribution outlet in the global media landscape.”
Twine4Car comes content from a number of media partners and a wide range of apps, TV services and VOD offerings for a multitude of markets. It enables OEMs to create a fully branded user interface that acts as a central hub for all in-vehicle services, while also allowing access to pre-installed apps and full bring-your-own-device (BYOD) support for smartphones and tablets.
Other features in Twine4Car include:
- TWINE App Store: A dedicated hybrid in-car app store (HTML5 and native), to enable OEMs to make a wide selection of apps available to drivers and passengers within their own branded in-car platform.
- Native Android app support: Twine4Car allows for the seamless integration of native applications, creating an immersive user experience via the OEM-branded IVI interface. This enables OEMs to stay in full control of the services and create an ideal UX for both native apps and embedded or API based services.
- Sync Play: Twine4Car enables two devices to synchronise the playback of the same video content, enabling passengers to enjoy content on the screen in front of them at the same time as other passengers.
- Parental/Remote Control: Along with content related control from any screen in the vehicle, Twine4Car can put parents in charge of the type and length of content consumed by their children.
“Our partnership with DW enables OEMs to provide a content experience that is tailored to the needs of all drivers and passengers to ensure the highest level of usability, whatever the circumstances of their journey,” concluded Sven Eckoldt.