DOTSCREEN offers Amazin'TV UI to RDK CommunityMonday, November 16th, 2020
PARIS — DOTSCREEN, a leading developer of multiscreen video apps, has integrated with RDK to bring Amazin’TV, its full-featured off-the-shelf User Interface, to the RDK community.
Amazin’TV is an innovative user interface solution that provides all features expected by users in a big screen experience today, and that offers a fluid, intuitive design, tailored to both live and on demand TV experiences, and is available on all internet-connected devices (PC, smartphones, tablets, smart TV, set-top boxes, games consoles…).
With a particular focus on Live TV viewing, Amazin’TV UI was designed to enhance user’s experience while offering multiple access to replay, VOD and apps.
RDK as a shared open source software platform provides software building blocks and standardized components to manage complex video and management functions.
DOTSCREEN’s Amazin’TV simplifies RDK-based video deployments with its off the shelf, fully customizable user interface.
Highlighted features include:
- Linear and non-linear TV channels
- (Retro) Advanced EPG
- Time shifting
- Network Personal Video Recorder
- Vocal/auto-completion search
- Voice control/Google Home, hybrid bridge
- Compatible with 3rd party DRM, Player, CAS, CMS, CDN, SM
- Business models supported: SVOD, TVOD, AVOD, Free, Live TV
At the 2020 RDK Euro Summit, that took place virtually, DOTSCREEN presented its RDK Video-based product in a fully working implementation (see the presentation here).
To better facilitate today’s on-the-go users, DOTSCREEN also provides Amazin’TV companion apps to give users the big screen experience in the palm of their hands. Available on iOS and Android devices, capable of connecting seamlessly to other connected devices such as Smart TV, Android TV, and set top boxes, companion apps provide a continuous live and on-demand video streaming experience, available easily, from anywhere.
“For the past ten years, DOTSCREEN has always been at the forefront of any TV technology, which is requested by our customers that are leading content providers and pay TV operators worldwide”, says Stanislas Leridon, Chairman and cofounder of DOTSCREEN.”
“Therefore, we made the decision to port our existing, state-of-the-art User Interface to RDK so that its adopters can benefit from a rich and fluid TV user experience. Our technical approach of developing so-called ‘native’ applications (without development framework) enables us to optimize the overall performance and fluidity of the TV navigation on RDKenabled devices.”
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023