Asia Pacific OTT revenues to climb by 90%Monday, March 22nd, 2021
Asia Pacific OTT revenues to climb by 90%
OTT TV episodes and movies revenues for 22 countries in the Asia Pacific region will reach $54 billion in 2026; up by 90% from the $29 billion recorded in 2020.
China will increase by $8.4 billion, India $4.7 billion and Japan $4.5 billion. Indian revenues will nearly triple, with Japan close to doubling.
Simon Murray, Principal Analyst at Digital TV Research, said: “China will account for 44% of the region’s revenues by 2026, down from 54% in 2020 as other countries catch up. China will add $5 billion in AVOD revenues between 2020 and 2026, with SVOD bringing in an extra $3 billion.”
SVOD revenues in Asia Pacific overtook AVOD revenues in 2019. Revenues for both AVOD and SVOD will double between 2020 and 2026 to $22 billion and $28 billion respectively.
Links: Digital TV Research
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution