Edge Networks selects Vewd OpX to power Evoca TVThursday, July 1st, 2021
Edge Networks Selects Vewd OpX To Power The Content And User Experience For Evoca TV
OSLO, Norway and BOISE, Idaho — Vewd, the leading provider of OTT solutions globally, today announced that Evoca TV has selected Vewd OpX to power the content and user experience for the company’s Next Generation television service. Vewd OpX is integrated into Evoca’s Scout receiver and delivers linear, on-demand, apps and more within an intuitive, modern TV experience.
Evoca harnesses the power of Next Gen TV – America’s newest broadcast standard also called ATSC 3.0 – to provide subscribers unmatched audio and video clarity and a variety of quality, must-watch TV programming. The service includes a growing lineup of high-quality, high-definition broadcast programming, as well as some of the most popular video-on-demand programming and apps, for less than $50 per month.
“Vewd’s unique expertise in this space, coupled with deep content relationships, ensures we can deliver the high-quality experience our customers want,” said Todd Achilles, President and CEO of Evoca. “With Vewd OpX we can delight our customers with a modern experience and offer popular on-demand content at an unbeatable price point.”
Vewd OpX combines the best of pay TV, OTT, linear and hybrid TV into a seamless viewing experience, while offering the features operators need to drive subscriber uptake and retention, including:
- instant access to key regional broadcast and OTT apps and a vast catalog of deployment-ready OTT content that sustains engagement with the pay TV experience
- deep analytics to support audience targeting and insights, along with other cloud services such as performance measurement and device management
- comprehensive customization options beyond look and feel to include content promotions and offers, all configured in the cloud
- seamless integration with service delivery platforms and set-top box middleware of all kinds
- flexible deployment on any OS and chipset, scaling from an operator’s legacy and current boxes to future devices, including streaming dongles and Smart TVs.
Vewd OpX is based on the Vewd OS framework, a customizable, consumer-grade, silicon-to-content software platform for both Smart TV and Pay TV. Vewd OS’s versatility and modularity ensures high levels of reusability, robustness, compatibility with all major silicon platforms, and readiness to support Pay TV services across all connected TV devices.
“We are excited to partner with Evoca on their mission to bring new competition and deliver the first ATSC 3.0-based pay TV service in the U.S.,” said Henrik Sten, VP of Sales and Business Development at Vewd. “Vewd OpX gives Evoca a complete first screen solution managed entirely from the cloud that offers customers a seamless experience whether they’re watching OTT, linear or hybrid content. Despite cord-cutting pressures on traditional pay TV, Evoca underscores how efficiently combining linear and OTT provides tremendous value for end-users.”
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store