Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880Tuesday, July 27th, 2021
MEXICO CITY — CIBANCO, S.A, Institución de Banca Múltiple, as Trustee of the CIB/3370 Trust, reports that Total Play Telecomunicaciones, S.A. de C.V. (“Total Play”), provider of triple play services in Mexico, announced its second quarter 2021 financial results.
Revenue generating units (RGUs) grew 56%, to 7,729,277 at the end of the quarter, compared to 4,945,097 the previous year. The number of data RGUs grew 56%, to 2,929,329, voice RGUs grew 62%, to 2,866,068, and video RGUs increased 48%, to 1,933,880.
The growth of Totalplay Residential reflects the preference of thousands of users for the solid offer of internet services with superior speeds in the market, content on applications and attributes of linear TV that optimize the customer’s entertainment experience, as well as voice solutions with worldwide coverage from the mobile application. In this context, the average disconnection rate for the quarter was 1.1% compared to 1.4% a year ago, and the average revenue per subscriber for the quarter (ARPU) was Ps.615 — outstanding level in the market — unchanged from the previous year.
Links: Total Play
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store