DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addressesMonday, August 2nd, 2021
DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses and offers much higher speeds
- DELTA Fiber secures record of Eur 2 billion financing for further roll out of the next generation fiber network in The Netherlands.
- The capital facilitates the ambition of DELTA Fiber to arrive at a footprint of 2 million fiber connections in the next 5 years, which is 25% of the Dutch market.
- All new build networks will be based on the latest fiber technology XGS-PON that enables speeds up to 10 Gbps. This is the prelude to 25G-PON technology that enables speeds up to 25 Gbps.
- DELTA will soon announce the new subscriptions with much higher speeds that will become available.
DELTA Fiber has secured a record amount of 2 billion euros that will be used for the roll out of the newest generation fiber network, XGS-PON, throughout the Netherlands. By expanding its network, DELTA Fiber will grow to 2 million fiber connections in 2025 and will offer customers much higher internet speeds.
The new financing has been secured by the underwriters ABN AMRO, ING, SEB, Santander and Deutsche Bank, who will place the loan with a consortium of national and international banks. The fixed financing framework is Eur 1,45 billion, which can be expanded with an additional Eur 600 mio.
Accelerate fiber roll out
“This financing allows us to accelerate our fiber roll out significantly and to expand our network to reach 25 percent of The Netherlands by connecting 2 million homes and businesses, predominantly in the smaller villages and towns throughout the Netherlands,” says DELTA Fiber CEO Marco Visser. “The fact that we have been able to conclude this significant financing package on attractive terms shows the trust that lenders have in us.”
Latest fiber technology
From September, all new build networks will be based on the latest fiber technology XGS-PON that enables speeds up to 10 Gbps. This is the prelude to 25G-PON technology that enables speeds up to 25 Gbps. DELTA will soon announce its new high speeds and the prices of the subscriptions. Visser: “We are making gigabit-plus speeds the new standard and we want to make high speeds accessible to as many people as possible.”
With 20,000 new connections per month, DELTA Fiber is one of the largest and fastest growing fiber companies in the Netherlands and on its way to 1 million connections by the end of 2021. Driven by the unprecedented rapid growth in data consumption and the increased demand for fast and stable internet, DELTA Fiber expands its investments to accelerate the roll out of fiber networks and set a new ambition to reach 2 million connections in the next five years.
Links: DELTA Fiber
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV