Salt offers UEI's voice-enabled Apple TV 4K remote controlWednesday, September 1st, 2021
Switzerland’s Salt Offers Universal Electronics’ Apple TV Remote Control with its Apple TV 4K Service
- UEI’s Apple Remote Control for MVPDs Available to Salt Customers
SCOTTSDALE, AZ — Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC), the global leader in wireless universal control solutions for home entertainment and smart home devices, announced that Swiss telecommunication operator Salt, which provides innovative mobile, broadband and TV services, is one of the first providers to offer its voice-enabled Apple TV 4K remote control designed specifically for Multichannel Video Program Distributors (MVPDs).
Available since June, Salt customers subscribing to the Salt Home broadband offer will automatically receive UEI’s Apple TV remote control with Apple TV 4K. Salt Home is the most competitive broadband proposition on the Swiss market offering up to 10 gigabits per second symmetric speed over FTTH including a TV service available on Apple TV as a set-top box. Existing customers can also purchase UEI’s Apple TV remote control as a standalone accessory in over 100 Salt stores throughout Switzerland and on Salt’s website.
With Apple TV 4K, subscribers can watch live and on-demand content, as well as use the Apple TV app to watch Apple TV+, buy and rent thousands of movies and TV shows, and enjoy content from other streaming services. Customers can also access Apple Music, Apple Arcade and thousands of other apps, all through this powerful entertainment device built for the biggest screen in the home.
“We enjoyed working with Salt on this project as the Apple TV remote is one of our most exciting new offerings built with the customer in mind,” said Paul Arling, Chairman and CEO of UEI. “We look forward to opportunities to work with them in the future.”
UEI’s Apple TV remote combines Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity together with Infrared to provide universal control, and features a range of innovative features and benefits to enhance the TV viewing experience:
- Advanced Search and Control: Customers can ask Siri to find and access content across live TV and streaming apps
- Enhanced Controls for Live TV: Dedicated program guide and channel up/down buttons provide easy and instant access to live TV viewing functions
- Whole Entertainment System Control: Modeless support and universal control of Apple TV, as well as televisions and audio devices from any brand or manufacturer
- Reliable and Secure Communication: Integrated design with UE878, UEI’s reliable and highly integrated BLE chipset optimized for voice control, and Apple’s MFi authentication chip for secure connectivity with Apple TV
- Premium Fit and Feel: Elegant and ergonomic form factor with hard-capped keys on metal domes for enhanced tactile feedback
- Automated Backlit Keys: Accelerometer and ambient light sensor to automatically backlight keys in low light environments when the remote is picked up or moved
Links: Universal Electronics; Salt
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution