Cellcom and Novelsat plan 5G video pilot in IsraelMonday, February 21st, 2022
Cellcom And Novelsat Plan To Partner On A 5G Video Pilot
- Cellcom And Novelsat Intend To Carry Out A Pilot In Which Cellcom Will Implement A Full 5G Network For Delivering Video Content To Multiple Users.
- Novelsat’s Edge-Based Video Delivery Solution Will Distribute Real-Time Video Content To The 5G Base Stations, Providing Rich, High-Quality Content Services To A Wide Range Of User Devices.
RA’ANANA, Israel — Cellcom, Israel’s largest cellular provider, and NOVELSAT, a global leader in content connectivity, aim to collaborate on a pilot of real-time video content distribution on 5G network infrastructure.
As part of the pilot, Cellcom will implement a full 5G network for delivering video content to multiple user devices. Video content of CellcomTV service will be distributed in real time to 5G base stations by NOVELSAT’s solution. At the cell site, NOVELSAT’s solution will perform video processing using edge-computing capabilities and will stream the video content at the highest quality and with the lowest latency to a wide range of user devices. The pilot will demonstrate the benefits of edge-based video delivery in terms of both video traffic efficiency and end-user experience quality (QoE).
“Video streaming is congesting mobile networks. With 5G, mobile service providers are aiming to introduce even more video content and services, delivering HD and UHD quality, with no added latency, to any user device – from smartphones to TV sets,” said Gary Drutin. CEO of NOVELSAT. “The planned pilot with Cellcom will showcase and examine NOVELSAT’s pioneering end-to-end approach to resolving video delivery challenges by utilizing ultra-efficient content distribution and serving video traffic from as close to users as possible. Setting the bar for video delivery efficiency and performance, NOVELSAT’s solution leads to reduced network costs and a superior quality of experience, paving the way for advanced video services over 5G networks.”
“5G, the fifth generation of mobile, is driving new and amazing products and services. Along with the deployment of our 5G network throughout the country, Cellcom is stimulating innovation in 5G and supports initiatives that bring greater and better experiences to our customers,” said Yaniv Koriat, Cellcom’s VP of technology.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023