fuboTV closed 2021 with 1.13 million subscribersWednesday, February 23rd, 2022
fuboTV Closed Q4 and FY 2021 With Record 1.13 Million Subscribers
NEW YORK — fuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO), the leading sports-first live TV streaming platform, today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2021. The company also announced 2022 guidance, expecting to drive over $1 billion in total revenue this year.
fuboTV delivered record annual revenue of $638 million total revenue in 2021, including $1 million impact of the December 2021 acquisition of Molotov. Excluding Molotov, fuboTV’s total annual revenue was $637 million, an increase of 144% over 2020.
The company closed 2021 with 1.13 million total paid subscribers*, up 106% from the prior year. fuboTV added 185,000 net subscribers in the fourth quarter.
Key Operating Metrics (Global) FY19 FY20 FY21 FY21 YoY % ----- ----- ----- ---------- Subscribers (thousands) 316 548 1,315 +140% Content Hours** Streamed (millions) 299 545 1,172 +115%
* Paid Subscribers – We believe the number of paid subscribers is a relevant measure to gauge the size of our user base. Total subscribers that have completed registration with fuboTV, have activated a payment method (only reflects one paying user per plan), from which fuboTV has collected payment from in the month ending the relevant period.
** Content Hours – We believe the number of Content Hours streamed on our platform is a relevant measure to gauge user engagement. Content Hours is defined as the sum of total hours of content watched on the fuboTV platform for a given period.
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA