Ekioh launches fastest Open-Standard User Interface for Set Top BoxesWednesday, September 5th, 2007
CAMBRIDGE, UK — Ekioh will be premièring the fastest open standards based User Interface for Set Top Boxes at IBC 2007. Based on the W3C Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) open standard, the Ekioh User Interface (UI) Engine offers a remarkable 25 frames per second ensuring exceptional user experiences.
The Ekioh software will be shown as part of the Quative next generation IPTV solution on the Nagravision – Kudelski Group stand #1.461 at the IBC2007 trade show in Amsterdam 2007. Sebastian Kramer, CEO Quative comments: “The Ekioh UI Engine allows for many design possibilities that are just not achievable using current UI solutions. Being based on open industry standards facilitates application development and therefore ensures flexibility and interoperability.”
The Ekioh UI Engine offers a completely customisable front end, optimised for the delivery of digital media. With full support for AJAX and XMLHttpRequest, content can be modified on-the-fly from remote servers making it the most advanced user interface engine available for set top boxes.
Piers Wombwell, CEO of Ekioh, remarks: “The SVG standard has been designed for vector graphics and user interfaces whereas HTML was designed for flowing text on desktop browsers. We have achieved huge performance improvements without losing any of the flexibility associated with HTML.”
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement