Share of smart TVs in Germany continues to riseMonday, May 30th, 2022
TV set market: share of smart TVs continues to rise
FRANKFURT AM MAIN — In the first four months of the year, the share of smart TVs measured against the total TV market continued to rise. According to GfK SE, slightly more than 1.6 million TV sets were sold in Germany during this period. Almost all of these sets are smart TVs (1.6 million), which enable the use of apps or catch-up TV services.
The share of smart TVs in the total market was 96 per cent and thus increased by two percentage points compared to the same period last year (94 per cent).
TVs with a screen diagonal of 55 inches and larger continue to be in vogue. With about 700,000 sets sold, this group accounts for almost 44 per cent of the total market.
More than 20 per cent of consumers opted for a television with a screen diagonal of at least 65 inches.
Links: Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution