RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JVMonday, August 1st, 2022
RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment Group plan technology joint venture
COLOGNE / UNTERFÖHRING — RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment Group are to set up a technology joint venture, subject to pending regulatory approvals. The aim is to establish existing technologies for Addressable TV based on open standards, such as HbbTV, on the European market.
The joint venture will involve offering central technical solutions to consumer electronics manufacturers and broadcasters to make interactive services on Smart TVs more easily accessible for the innovative advertising form provided by Addressable TV. These solutions will be licensable for all European broadcasters. This will create the technical link required between open standards and their marketable implementation in Smart TVs.
The partners expect to receive the necessary regulatory approvals in the second half of 2022.
RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment Group are already partners in a successful joint venture, d-force, to help advertisers engage their target audiences via Addressable TV and online video across multiple sales houses and with a corresponding broad reach.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store