BT TV now available without an aerialFriday, August 26th, 2022
BT TV now available aerial-free
- New and existing BT TV Box Pro customers will be able to access BT TV aerial-free from 26th August 2022
- Through the BT TV Box Pro’s new internet mode, customers simply plug in and connect to BT’s Smart Hub via Wi-Fi to start streaming
BT today announced that new and existing BT TV Box Pro customers can now access great TV shows, browse channels and apps all in one place, without the need for an aerial.
BT TV Box Pro is BT’s latest set-top box, designed to allow customers to make the most from the great range of TV packages on BT TV, which offer access to the UK’s widest choice of the very best TV shows, films, and sport. When a customer sets up their BT TV Box Pro for the first time, they’ll be given the simple option in the set-up journey to either connect via internet mode or aerial mode. Alternatively, if already an existing BT TV Box Pro customer, then there is no need for them to change, however they will still receive an automatic software update allowing them to reset their connectivity settings if required in the future.
In addition to the all-new internet mode, BT TV Box Pro provides BT TV customers with:
- 4K HDR – up to four times the detail of HD offering vivid, pin-sharp detail
- Dolby Atmos – offering the best immersive audio experience
- 1TB of storage – double the capacity of the previous BT TV box, with up to 600 hours of recordings
- 4 Tuners – allowing customers to record up to 3 shows and watch a 4th simultaneously Aerial mode: record up to 4 channels at once alternatively in internet mode: record up to 2 channels at once
- Bluetooth remote – offering a quicker, smoother experience and allows the box to be stored out of sight, if needed
- Integrated search – helping streamline viewing and removing the need to remember which show is on which platform
- Offers pause, rewind, and record functionality – making sure customers never miss their favourite shows
Sharon Meadows, Propositions Director, BT said: “We continue to look for ways to enhance the TV experience for our customers. Removing the need for an aerial connection not only gives even more consumers the opportunity to take out BT TV, it also gives our customers even more flexibility with their TV set-up, allowing them to access great content, from anywhere in the home.”
BT is also introducing the BT TV Box Mini, a new multiroom compact TV box, which lets customers watch TV in an extra room of the house, meaning BT TV customers can watch different shows, in a different room, at the very same time. The BT TV Box Mini works just like the BT TV Box Pro, connecting to the Smart Hub via Wi-Fi, so customers can watch their favourite channels without the need for an aerial. BT TV Box Mini is available for existing BT TV Box Pro customers for an additional £10 per month.
Links: BT TV