ZTE and Amlogic launch 8K STB at IBCFriday, September 9th, 2022
ZTE and Amlogic launch smart 8K STB at IBC 2022
SHENZHEN, China — ZTE Corporation (0763.HK / 000063.SZ), a major international provider of telecommunications, enterprise and consumer technology solutions for the mobile internet, together with Amlogic, has launched ZTE 8K STB (set-top box) at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC 2022) in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
The 8K STB, connected to a big screen, can present immersive 4K UI and enhance ultra HD video quality, thereby providing audience with an ultimate audiovisual experience. Moreover, with the AI/XR technology, it can showcase an immersive online tour.
The 8K STB, by virtue of a 12nm chipset and a powerful quad-core 64-bit processor with up to 36K+ DMIPS, can support 8K video decoding and output, with resolution being four times of that of 4K. Also, it supports innovative video services such as multi-channel video decoding, naked-eye VR, and free-viewpoint video, meeting indoor and outdoor ultra HD video service needs on big screens.
In addition, this STB has powerful terminal rendering and AI computing capabilities, enabling 3D digital AI/XR space services like digital theatre, digital museum, and digital tours on the TV.
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV