Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends reportThursday, September 14th, 2023
Pixalate Introduces Apple TV CTV Trends Report: Apple TV’s Estimated Global CTV Device Market Share Drops to 4% in Q2 2023
- Apple TV’s estimated CTV device market share drops to 4%, down from 9% one year ago, while Roku (45%), Samsung (20%), and Amazon (9%) all lead.
LONDON — Pixalate, the market-leading fraud protection, privacy, and compliance analytics platform for Connected TV (CTV) and Mobile Advertising, introduces the Apple TV CTV Trends Report Q2 2023, analyzing Apple TV’s position in the CTV device landscape and the open programmatic advertising marketplace.
Pixalate’s Media Ratings Terminal now includes Apple TV App Store intelligence in addition to Roku, Fire TV and Samsung CTV App Stores. Clients can now access ad fraud intelligence and online privacy compliance data for over 22K Apple CTV apps in MRT.
The report provides a deep dive into CTV trends related to Apple TV, including estimated device market share by global region (using ad sales as a proxy), top grossing apps in Apple TV’s tvOS app store, and a look at invalid traffic (IVT, inclusive of ad fraud) in the open programmatic CTV ad marketplace on Apple TV devices.
- Apple TV’s estimated global CTV device market share declines to 4% in Q2 2023, down from 9% in Q2 2022.
- Apple TV trails Roku (45%), Samsung (20%), and Amazon (9%) in global CTV device market share
- Apple TV’s is most popular in North America, where it holds an estimated 9% CTV device market share
- 22% IVT rate, including ad fraud, on apps in the Apple TV app store, significantly higher than Amazon Fire TV apps (18%) and Roku (13%)
Top 5 Grossing Apple TV Apps, Q2 2023 Open Programmatic Advertising:
- Atmosphere TV
- Bally Sports
- BBC America
This list of top grossing apps is based on Pixalate’s estimates.