Orange cinéma séries: all the emotions of the cinema on three screens - mobile, PC and TV - from 13 NovemberWednesday, October 8th, 2008
Orange cinéma séries, symbol of the Orange “Content Everywhere” strategy
- From 13 November 2008, cinema lovers will be able to satisfy their passion thanks to the Orange cinéma séries offer of €12 per month on TV and PC, and €6 on mobiles.
- Five cinema and TV series channels including one HD channel: Orange cinemax, Orange cinehappy, Orange cinechoc, Orange cinenovo and Orange cinegéants.
- An exclusive selection of series previously unseen in France: True Blood, In Treatment, John Adams, Generation Kill.
- Orange places innovation at the heart of its offering with previously unseen services on three screens.
PARIS — For several years, Orange, the key brand of France Telecom (Paris & NYSE: FTE), has committed itself to offering its customers content that is always more attractive and more exclusive by providing cutting-edge innovations in terms of content consumption. With the launch of Orange cinéma séries, Orange is offering cinema addicts a new way of watching films and TV series. Apart from traditional broadcasting, all programmes are available on demand and and can be watched on any screen at any time depending on the circumstances.
Quality, up-to-date films for everyone and previously unseen series
Orange cinéma séries includes a main “feature film” channel, called Orange cinemax, which is available in HD and groups together the best of recent films and TV series that have never before been seen in France. The offer also includes four other channels that are organised along the themes of family, action, arthouse and classics.
- Orange cinemax: all the blockbusters exclusive to Orange and in High Definition
- Orange cinehappy: cinema for all the family
- Orange cinechoc: all types of action film
- Orange cinenovo: a reference in independent cinema
- Orange cinégéant: cinema classics at your fingertips
A premium exclusive offer
Orange cinéma séries offers its subscribers more than 1,200 films, 1,000 hours of TV series, 200 documentaries and 300 hours of children’s series each year. To broadcast the best films and series, Orange is leading an intensive partnership policy with prestigious studios. Today many of the greatest Hollywood and French studios have signed an agreement with Orange cinéma séries: Warner Bros, Metro Goldwyn Mayer, HBO, Gaumont, BAC Films, Wild Side Films and Fidélité Film.
Orange cinéma séries subscribers will be able to watch several exclusive films from Warner Bros International TV (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Ocean’s 13, I am Legend, Dark Knight…), and the new HBO TV series (True Blood, Generation Kill, John Adams, In Treatment”¦). They may also rediscover successful series from the Gaumont, Warner and HBO back catalogues (Six Feet Under, The Sopranos”¦).
And to be sure not to miss a single episode or film broadcast exclusively, all programmes shown on the five channels will be accessible on demand during 30 days after the first broadcast. Additional programs on demand including series and films will be also available so that cinema lovers will always have a good film to watch.
Orange cinéma séries, another form of television
The richness of the Orange cinéma séries offer goes beyond exclusive programming. In fact, Orange offers many innovations to subscribers that will revolutionise their experience of cinema and series. With the multi-screens approach, subscribers may watch Orange cinéma séries channels and programmes on-demand on five different screens (TV, PC and portable video players). Furthermore, Orange cinéma séries offers a catch-up service to see or re-watch programmes that have already been broadcast. In addition, subscribers will be able to pursue their journey in a film director’s world thanks to the “complementary” service that enables them to watch related programmes by theme. For example, when Rocky Balboa is broadcast, the five previous Rocky films will be available on demand as a complement. From 2009, subscribers who have missed the beginning of a programme will be able to watch the film again thanks to the restart solution.
Users increasingly show their desire for more flexibility to be able to watch films and series wherever and whenever. To satisfy them, Orange cinéma séries enables them to freely transfer all video content from the five channels and on-demand programmes onto portable video players such as Archos devices and, in coming months, compatible mobile phones.
Orange cinéma séries, it’s happening now
TV + PC offer: €12 euros/month
- Free access to Orange cinéma séries channels available until 30 November for all Orange TV customers
- For all new subscription, the first three months are free until 14 January 2009
Mobile offer: €6/month. Free access to Orange cinéma séries channels available until 12 January 2009.