ADB to Focus on New Technologies and Exciting 3D Applications at IPTV World ForumThursday, March 19th, 2009
ADB To Present A Complete Portfolio Of IPTV Solutions And Applications At IPTV World Forum 2009 – Stand 190
GENEVA, Switzerland — Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN), a leading supplier of technology to the global digital television industry, announced today that it will showcase a comprehensive portfolio of IPTV and hybrid solutions at the IPTV World Forum ’09 (March 25th to 27th London).
ADB has led the IPTV and hybrid set-top box market in Europe since the very beginning and has established itself as trusted partner for operators in launching new revenue-generating IPTV services in mass volume.
At the IPTV World Forum, visitors will be able to see ADB’s award-winning products which have received certification from several industry bodies including: DLNA®, UPnP® and DivX®. ADB will also highlight it’s expertise in software and middleware integration through its very own Software Development Kit (SDK), joint demonstrations with middleware partners and an extensive array of 3D applications.
The solutions on show will include:
Cost efficiency without compromising on features
- The ADB-2810W, is an entry-level HD IPTV set-top box specially designed for operators who look for cost efficiency but don’t want to compromise on versatility and user experience: it supports the most deployed video standards including MPEG-4 HD/SD, WMV9, XviD, and offers 3D user interface, UPnP®-based home networking, and Windows Media Connect. Thanks to ADB’s IPTV Software Development Kit, it is easily customizable by the operator.
- The ADB-2810W is shortlisted in the category Best Internet TV Technology or Solution at the IPTV World Series Awards.
A Hybrid workhorse
- Based on the award-winning 3000 series design, the ADB-3810TW combines IPTV, digital terrestrial television and High Definition Television (HDTV) in a single unit. Its advanced single-chip architecture provides decoding of various IPTV and internet content, to ensure that operators can distribute HDTV services cost effectively.
- The ADB-3810TW’s richness and flexibility will be showcased with DivX® encoded files replay, home networking and internet content streaming applications.
Highest sophistication to make the most of converged services
- The acclaimed ADB-5810TWX – has been designed specifically for making true convergence user and operator friendly. It enriches the features already available in the 2810 and 3810 series with personal video recording, offering the benefit of hybrid recording from both DVB-T and IP transmissions.
With exciting possibilities for rich user interfaces, thanks to 3D graphics and seamless home networking via DLNA 1.5 and UPnP. Along with wide support of standards and formats including (SD/HD, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV9, XviD, Windows Media DRM, etc…) the ADB-5810 is a powerful media convergence platform.
Faster time-to-market with ADB’s Software Development Kit
- All displayed IPTV products are supported by ADB’s new Software Development Kit. This complete set of tools allows operators and other third parties to seamlessly develop customised applications on ADB’s products, enabling differentiated services to be brought faster to the market.
3D graphics and Multi-room content sharing demonstrated live
- ADB will demonstrate the wide availability of 3D graphics on its products, and will also showcase its recent advances in new technology, with an innovative solution content sharing in a multi-room scenario.
- In partnership with Stream Group, ADB will demonstrate Solocoo applications running on the ADB-3810TW with live terrestrial content.
ADB will also showcase Latens ECO 4.0 middleware created with ADB’s IPTV SDK on the ADB-5810TWX. ADB’s high definition demonstrations will be made in partnership with high quality, high definition content supplied by BBC Motion Gallery.