EchoStar to Showcase Advanced Operator Solutions at ABTA 2012Tuesday, July 31st, 2012
Highlights (stand #C15) include a range of set-top boxes developed specifically for South American pay TV operators, an Android™-powered IP set-top box and TV Anywhere
STEETON, England — EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS), a leading supplier of added-value, connected device solutions to the digital TV industry, announced today that it will showcase an array of products that will enable pay TV operators to exploit the potential of IP connectivity at ABTA 2012 Sao Paulo, 31 July – 2 August 2012. Cost effective, yet feature rich set-top box (STB) and digital video recording (DVR) solutions for pay TV operators will be showcased alongside EchoStar’s TV Anywhere IP solutions to provide operators with the ability to reach consumers with services anytime and anywhere through over-the-top (OTT) and multi-screen content delivery. EchoStar’s comprehensive product range includes the Slingbox® suite of TV Anywhere products and EchoStar branded digital STBs.
Showcasing at stand number C15:
- Connected Devices – a range of cost effective STBs incorporating EchoStar’s own embedded software currently shipping and deployed on pay TV networks in the South American region, plus next generation products including the versatile HDS-210 and the HDS-610R. All connected devices — from entry-level HD STBs to fully-featured advanced cable gateways — have been designed to support the industry’s leading conditional access and middleware solutions.
- Ultra Slim Box – the slimmest commercially available digital TV recorder in the world. Despite a compact form factor of just 14mm deep, the highly innovative Ultra Slim Box’s feature set is uncompromised with a high capacity 500GB hard disk drive, twin tuner, HDMI® connection and Internet connectivity.
- Android™-powered IP set-top box – designed to enable operators and content providers to enrich their service portfolios by extending services over IP using an extensive, scalable web-centric application development platform. Visitors will be able to check out live app demonstrations featuring popular games and other compelling content delivered over the Internet to the TV screen.
- Advanced Video Streaming – Move Networks end-to-end IP delivery solution featuring adaptive bitrate technology that enables operators to deliver and maintain high quality IP services over both managed and unmanaged networks.
- TV Anywhere – multi screen device ecosystem including Slingbox® retail products, the SlingPlayer® Mobile suite of applications and integrated SlingLoaded® technology.
- Whole Home DVR – The award-winning XiP™ ecosystem featuring a highly-advanced DVR and simple thin-client devices that provide the ultimate full HD DVR-sharing solution for the home. Packed with additional features, the DVR boasts three tuners, a 2 TB internal hard drive, expandable storage, our patented PrimeTime Anytime™ video delivery technology and even a remote control finder.
“Having supplied some of the region’s key pay TV operators with connected device solutions and software for a number of years we are delighted to showcase our full suite of products and solutions at the ABTA Expo and Conference,” commented Rhod Williams, Senior Vice President and General Manager of EchoStar in Europe. “It is an exciting time for the South American pay TV market with operators looking to offer next generation IP enhanced services to consumers and it is our intention to showcase our comprehensive range of solutions from cost effective, connected set-tops right through to advanced IP streaming technology.”
To book a personal product demonstration contact: [email protected]