ZTE forges global alliance with Oregan NetworksFriday, March 14th, 2014
ZTE Forges Alliance with Oregan Networks to Create Hybrid Broadcast Platform for Telecoms and MSOs
- Companies enter a strategic multi-year product development and marketing alliance on a global basis.
- The platform provides capability for simultaneous delivery of premium programming in linear and on-demand modes across broadcast, mobile and fixed line networks.
- The end-to-end ‘blueprint architecture’ delivers faster system design and deployment by operators.
- ZTE’s large-scale equipment manufacturing capacity strengthens its competitive position to address the needs of cost-sensitive markets.
- System lab demonstrations are hosted in London, Mexico City and Nanjing, China.
LONDON & SHENZHEN, China — ZTE Corporation (H share stock code: 0763.HK / A share stock code: 000063.SZ), the leading global supplier of IPTV, VOD and mobile systems for telecoms, has announced its selection of Oregan Networks, a London based Digital TV software company, as a supplier of key Set Top Box technology components, as well as design and integration expertise for premium hybrid Pay TV projects.
The product of this collaboration is a comprehensive platform for delivery of IP based video and applications, in conjunction with satellite, cable and terrestrial Pay TV services. Beyond ZTE’s traditional offering of network infrastructure components, the platform encompasses CDN, Network PVR, OSS / BSS and an advanced User Experience client, leveraging the latest web standards and 3D animations.
Frank Fang, ZTE Vice President commented: ‘The new solution allows ZTE to offer a mature technology platform to the rapidly growing Pay TV markets which are undergoing the next wave of deployments. Oregan’s proven Digital TV software stack and IPR, along with its ability to apply flexible and agile processes to product definition and delivery – are essential for projects where feature evolution is constant”.
Mark Perry, Oregan CEO added, ‘ZTE’s rise in the IPTV market has been ambitious and rapid. ZTE has firmly established leadership in large-scale mobile and fixed line network deployments. Our new joint platform enables operators to leverage a proven multi-screen solution that comprises a hugely scalable back-office from ZTE with robust hybrid STB software technology, Conditional Access and User Experience expertise from Oregan. Together Oregan and ZTE are ideally placed to assist operators with next generation multi-screen strategies, whilst consolidating legacy head-end systems and updating existing CPE deployments.’
The platform is flexible and modular by design, allowing for regional technology variants, bespoke network architecture and branding.
Executive briefings and demonstrations of the new Pay TV platform will be held at the TV Connect Exhibition and Conference in London, at booth 13.