Digital TV News: In-Stat
Silicon Image Announces Video Processors for Home Theater Applications
Oct 1, 2012 — Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced two upscaling video processors, designed to also enhance the picture quality of streaming or downloaded Internet video.
News categories: Silicon Image, Blu-ray, CEATEC, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor
100 Million Households Will Be Using Hybrid Services by 2016
Mar 20, 2012 — New NPD In-Stat research forecasts that 100 million households will actively use a hybrid service delivered to their TV set by 2016 and Europe's Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) service will begin to gain dominance by late 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, PC Video, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Broadcom Announces 40nm EZ-HD Digital Transport Adapter Solution
Mar 12, 2012 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced its 40nm EZ-HD DTA cable system-on-a-chip. The BCM7574 is helping to accelerate the HDTV transition of the remaining 45 million analogue TVs in North America that are currently connected to a cable TV service.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Smart CE Device Unit Shipments to Surpass 92 Million in 2016
Feb 29, 2012 — The advent of 'smart CE devices' is having a profound effect on the digital multimedia home. New NPD In-Stat research forecasts that smart CE device unit shipments will surpass 92 million in 2016.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
Installed Base of Connected Devices to Reach 1.34 Billion in 2016
Jan 25, 2012 — Driven primarily by the success of digital TVs, satellite STBs, video game consoles, and Blu-ray disc players and recorders, In-Stat forecasts that the connected device installed base will grow from 256.8 million units in 2011 to 1.34 billion units in 2016.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Home Networking, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
100 Million Hybrid STBs to Ship in 2015
Jan 24, 2012 — As television services begin employing applications that are internet-connected, In-Stat sees hybrid set top boxes emerging as a key growth driver for the global set top box industry, with 100 million hybrid STBs shipping in 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Wi-Fi Home Video Devices to Approach 600 Million Units Shipped in 2015
Jan 18, 2012 — Increasingly, home video entertainment devices are coming to the market Wi-Fi-connected. In-Stat research shows that the evolution of the home network will drive the number of in-home video WLAN-enabled video devices to approach 600 million in 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Games Console, Home Networking, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Wireless
IEEE 1905.1 industry standard moves to product design stage
Jan 9, 2012 — The IEEE 1905.1 Working Group has approved its Hybrid Networking (P1905.1) draft standard. The industry standard combines the mobility of wireless with the performance of wires to enable the next-generation networked home.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, IEEE 1905.1, Blu-ray, Coax, Games Console, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, HomePlug, MoCA, Powerline, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Wireless
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market