Digital TV News: Motorola
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 — According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
STB market springs back; video gateways, media players drive future growth
Apr 8, 2013 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 4th quarter 2012 (4Q12) and year-end Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers market share and forecast report, which tracks IP, cable, satellite, and hybrid set-top boxes (STBs) and over-the-top (OTT) media servers.
News categories: Infonetics, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box
Motorola to demonstrate real-time HD HEVC encoding and decoding at NABShow
Apr 5, 2013 — At the 2013 NAB Show, Motorola will continue its history of innovation with its first ever real-time HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) encoding and decoding demonstration at its exhibit space, booth # SU2017.
News categories: Motorola, Broadcasting, Infrastructure, NABShow
Henan Cable deploys next generation Motorola DVB-C HD set-tops
Mar 21, 2013 — Henan Cable has chosen Motorola Mobility's HMC3000 DVB-C HD set-top boxes as a major technological component in its plan to digitize its set-top portfolio and capitalize on increasing demand for digital video services.
News categories: Motorola, Henan Cable, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Set Top Box
nangu.TV unveils Recommendation Engine at TVConnect
Mar 15, 2013 — nangu.TV is demonstrating a number of key features at TV Connect including its new recommendation engine. This is part of its remote control and multi-screen application for tablet, smartphones and set-top box devices.
News categories: nangu.TV, Apps, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, TVConnect
Broadcom announces high-definition cable digital-transport adapter SoC
Mar 11, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a high definition (HD) cable digital-transport adapter (DTA) system-on-a-chip (SoC) with integrated Full-Band Capture technology. The BCM7576 enables North American cable operators to provide enhanced basic digital HD services.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Video Hardware Infrastructure Revenues to Reach $3.8 Billion by 2017 as Consolidation Gathers Pace
Mar 1, 2013 — According to ABI Research, the infrastructure video equipment market will reach $3.8 billion dollars in 2017, up from $2.8 billion in 2012. Video encoders represent the fasted growing sub segment, growing over 10% annually, compared to 6% for the market as a whole.
News categories: ABI Research, Infrastructure, Market Research
Motorola Extends DreamGallery™ TV Experience to More Devices
Feb 25, 2013 — Motorola has announced that its DreamGallery™ technology is now available on an expanded range of devices including entry-level Motorola set-tops. DreamGallery uses virtualized cloud-rendering to make TV experiences as easy as surfing the Web.
News categories: Motorola, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Set Top Box
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market