Digital TV News: Eutelsat
Italy's TivùSat activates two millionth smartcard
Nov 19, 2013 – Italian satellite TV platform TivùSat has announced that it now has more than 2 million active smart cards in 1.68 million households. The pay-as-you-go satellite platform offers 63 channels of TV and 38 of radio.
News categories: Tivù, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Subscribers
Télédiffusion d'Algérie to broadcast to whole of Middle East via DTH
Nov 7, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Télédiffusion d'Algérie (TDA) have announced the signature of a capacity agreement on the EUTELSAT 7 West A satellite. The contract opens access to TDA for homes equipped for DTH satellite reception.
News categories: Eutelsat, Télédiffusion d'Algérie, Abdelmalek Houyou, Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet, Algeria, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Libya, Mauritania, Middle-East, Morocco, Satellite, Tunisia
Azam TV DTH to launch in Tanzania on November 29
Nov 5, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Azam Media have announced the signature of a contract for capacity on EUTELSAT 7A. Azam Media will the satellite as the platform to broadcast its new TV venture, Azam TV, into sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Azam TV, Rhys Torrington, Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet, Digital TV, Satellite, Tanzania
Telekom Austria enters satellite TV business with Eutelsat
Sep 14, 2013 – Telekom Austria has announced with Eutelsat its entry into the business field of Satellite TV. The solution involves a B2B DTH platform uplinking TV signals via Telekom Austria's earth station in Aflenz/Styria to the EUTELSAT 16A satellite.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Eutelsat, Vipnet, Reinhard Zuba, Stefan Amon, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Adrian Jezina, Croatia, Digital TV, IBCShow, Infrastructure, Satellite
Eutelsat and Samsung show Ultra HD satellite broadcast to a UHD TV at IFA
Sep 5, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Samsung are combining their industry-leading expertise at the IFA show in Berlin for a world first demonstration of a consumer-ready Ultra HD satellite broadcast on a Samsung UHD TV.
News categories: Eutelsat, Samsung, DVB-S2, IFA2013, Satellite, Smart TV
Lybid TV deploys Exset conditional access for Ukrainian launch
Aug 1, 2013 – Exset has revealed that its conditional access technology - Exset CAS - has been deployed by Lybid TV, a new pay-TV DTH platform for the Ukraine. Lybid TV, which launched in July this year can be received on a 60cm dish via Eutelsat.
News categories: Exset, Lybid TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
Ukraine's Lybid TV launches on EUTELSAT 36B
Jul 26, 2013 – Lybid TV, a new Ukrainian satellite pay-TV platform, has initiated full commercial operations. The platform has signed a multi-year lease for two transponders on EUTELSAT 36B and is broadcasting up to 50 digital channels.
News categories: EUTELSAT, Lybid TV, Infrastructure, Satellite, Ukraine
Eutelsat unveils 'smart LNB' for Direct-to-Home connected TV
Jul 25, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that it has completed the first phase of development of a 'smart LNB' with an embedded transmitter for interactive applications such as HbbTV, PPV, social networking, personal subscription management and live show participation.
News categories: Eutelsat, Digital TV, Home Networking, IBCShow, LNB, Satellite
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal