Digital TV News: Eutelsat
24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
May 15, 2013 — The results of a survey produced by Eutelsat and Ipsos on TV reception modes and trends in Russia has shown that of the 53 million TV homes in Russia, 24% are equipped for Direct-to-Home satellite reception, making satellite the country's leading platform for digital television.
News categories: Eutelsat, RSCC, Ipsos, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Market Research, Russia, Satellite
Satellite TV now reaching 8.2 million homes in Italy
Apr 18, 2013 — Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has revealed the first results of its new survey on TV reception modes and trends across its global footprint. Working in collaboration with Ipsos, Eutelsat announced that 8.2 million homes are now equipped with a Direct-to-Home antenna in Italy.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ipsos, Italy, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Digitürk and Eutelsat Partner on Turkey's First Ultra HD (4K) Demonstration Channel
Apr 18, 2013 — Digitürk has launched a dedicated demonstration 4K channel in partnership with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL). The broadcast, the first time 4K has been shown in Turkey, helps Digiturk lay the foundations for the next step change in television broadcasting.
News categories: Eutelsat, Digiturk, Infrastructure, Satellite, Turkey
'Global TV' DTH to launch in Georgia on Eutelsat 36B
Mar 22, 2013 — JSC Global Contact Consulting has announced that it has selected Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) for a new satellite broadcasting platform in Georgia called 'Global TV'. JSC Global Contact Consulting will initiate satellite broadcasting this month, starting with four free-to-air channels.
News categories: Eutelsat, Global Contact, Digital TV, Georgia, Infrastructure, Satellite
Aston partners with Viaccess in the MENA region for Embedded CAS and HbbTV
Mar 12, 2013 — CableLabs® has announced the launch of NetworkFX™, the first subsidiary of CableLabs. Built on 12 years of management of the cable industry's public key infrastructure (PKI), NetworkFX is an online trust management company that enables secure broadband connections for networked devices.
News categories: Aston, Viaccess, Africa, Conditional Access, Content Protection, HbbTV, Middle-East, Set Top Box
TivùSat reaches 1.8 million active smart cards
Mar 4, 2013 — Italian satellite TV platform TivùSat has announced that it now has more than 1.8 million active smart cards in 1.5 million households. The regions with the highest penetration levels are Calabria, Liguria, Molise, Valle d’Aosta, Basilicata and Sicily.
News categories: Tivù, Italy, Satellite, Subscribers
UltraHD via Satellite Poised to Carve Market Niche
Jan 22, 2013 — According to NSR, over the long term, UltraHD channels represent a respectable but niche opportunity for satellite companies. The global satellite UltraHD market is expected to reach $412 million in 2025 from an $8.2 million revenue base in 2015.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
Eutelsat Launches Europe's First Dedicated Ultra HD (4K) Channel
Jan 7, 2013 — Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that it is launching a dedicated demonstration Ultra HD channel for Europe on the EUTELSAT 10A satellite. The first transmissions of content filmed in 4K will start on January 8.
News categories: Eutelsat, ATEME, Digital TV, Europe, Infrastructure, Satellite
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results