Digital TV News: Rostelecom
Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
May 15, 2013 — According to a report from J'son & Partners Consulting, at the end of 2012 the IPTV subscriber base in Russia was about 2.54 million, or 4.7% of households in the country.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
Rostelecom chooses IPTV STB tender winners
Apr 23, 2013 — Rostelecom has chosen five box manufacturers as a result of its IPTV set-top box tender. The companies are Promsvyaz, CompuTel, SmartLabs, Promzakaz and S&T International.
News categories: Rostelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Set Top Box
Rostelecom doubles IPTV subscribers in 2012 to 1.4 million
Mar 28, 2013 — Rostelecom (MICEX-RTS: RTKM,RTKMP; OTCQX: ROSYY), Russia's national telecommunications operator, has announced results for the fourth quarter and twelve months ending December 31, 2012. Over the year, the number of interactive TV subscribers more than doubled to 1.4 million.
News categories: Rostelecom, Cable TV, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers
Pay TV penetration to reach 74% in Russia in 2017
Feb 22, 2013 — According to a J'son & Partners Consulting study, pay TV penetration in Russia in 2012 reached 58%, a rate expected to grow to 74% in 2017. Russia had 31.9 million pay TV households connected to cable, satellite or IPTV in 2012.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Liberty Global and BSkyB to continue to dominate European pay TV
Sep 5, 2012 — Pay TV subscriptions for the 95 operators across 25 countries covered in a new report from Digital TV Research will increase from a collective 96.2 million in 2007 to 140.9 million by 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Russia's STB market to reach 5.15 million units in 2012
Aug 30, 2012 — According to a report from J'son & Partners, the number of set-top boxes sold in Russia in 2011 was 3.95 million up from 3.45 million in 2010. The market research company expects this number will grow significantly in 2012 to reach 5.15 million units.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Pay TV subscriptions in Russia to hit 37.6 million in 2016
Aug 17, 2012 — According to J'son & Partners, the number of pay TV subscribers in Russia at the end of 2011 was 28.6 million, up 22.2% on 2010. The company expects this number to reach 37.6 million by 2016, representing 69% of households compared with 52% for 2011.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Rostelecom Reaches 1 Million Interactive TV Residential Subscribers across Russia
Jul 9, 2012 — Rostelecom (MICEX - RTS: RTKM, RTKMP; OTCQX: ROSYY), Russia’s national telecommunications operator, has announced that its Interactive TV subscriber base has increased by over 40% since the beginning of the year to reach 1 million households.
News categories: Rostelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Subscribers
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results