Paraguay Digital TV News
Claro Launch ROK-Powered Mobile TV Subscription Service in Paraguay
Aug 4, 2010 – ROK Entertainment Group, the mobile technology, applications and services company and Claro, the Paraguayan Mobile Operator, have announced the launch of Web PPV, a streamed, live and on-demand multi-channel mobile TV subscription service.
News categories: ROK Entertainment, Claro, Mobile, Paraguay
Paraguay adopts ISDB for digital TV
Jun 2, 2010 – As recommended by the Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL) the President of Paraguay has decreed that the country shall adopt the Japanese-Brazilian ISDB standard for digital terrestrial television transmission.
News categories: CONATEL, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Paraguay, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Paraguay DTT standard recommendation expected in May
Mar 8, 2010 – Paraguay's telecoms services regulator CONATEL expects in May to issue a recommendation to the executive branch regarding which digital standard the country should adopt, local newspaper Última Hora reported.
News categories: Conatel, Digital TV, Paraguay, Terrestrial
Visiontel Latin American DTH begins trials
Aug 3, 2009 – A new 70 channel DVB-S2 DTH service called Visiontel has begun test broadcasting in Latin America. The official launch is expected some time before the end of 2009.
News categories: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Paraguay, Satellite, Uruguay
Paraguay preparing IPTV services for 2Q09
Jan 9, 2009 – The Paraguayan Communications company (COPACO) will launch IPTV during the second quarter of this year if the hiring regime to which they are subjected because they are a state owned company, is fulfilled as expected.
News categories: COPACO, Digital TV, IPTV, Paraguay
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius