Harmonic to Demonstrate New Solutions for Multi-Screen Video at IBC 2009Friday, August 28th, 2009
MediaPrism™ Represents the Industry’s Most Comprehensive and Innovative Portfolio of Solutions for Converged Anytime, Anywhere Video Delivery
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — At IBC 2009, stand 1.C61, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase its comprehensive solution portfolio for video delivery to a variety of devices, including the TV, PC, iPhone, and other mobile devices. Harmonic will introduce enhancements to its ProStream™ stream processing platform, Carbon Server™ transcoding software, and MediaPrism™ software suite for multi-screen video delivery. Key demonstrations will also include Harmonic’s market-leading systems for broadcast contribution/distribution, encoding, and stream processing, as well as cable IPTV, universal edgeQAM and HFC access solutions. Taking place in Amsterdam from September 11-15, IBC is the leading television industry exhibition in Europe.
Deployed in mobile video service trials with multiple operators, Harmonic’s MediaPrism suite encompasses a much wider range of functionality than other multi-screen solutions for the management and delivery of video to PCs and mobile smartphones. At IBC, Harmonic will debut the MediaPrism Workflow Manager, which controls content as it is ingested, transformed, cached and streamed out to a variety of receiving devices. Operators using Harmonic’s MediaPrism suite can take advantage of Harmonic’s best-in-class solutions for real-time transcoding and stream processing, as well as non-real-time technologies including offline capture, content preparation, metadata processing, file-based re-purposing, storage, and playout.
“Harmonic continues to set the pace in video delivery solutions and we are making it possible for operators to deliver a revolutionary anytime, anywhere video experience,” said Tom Lattie, director of broadcast and new media solutions at Harmonic Inc. “We are focused on offering our customers high performance solutions that can be deployed without adding significant cost or complexity and leverage the existing video network architecture, and we will be demonstrating this exciting range of products and solutions at this year’s IBC show.”
Featured demonstrations at Harmonic’s stand 1.C61 will include:
- The comprehensive MediaPrism suite of solutions for converged multi-screen video delivery
- Latest-generation, ultra-efficient HD and SD compression, and statistical multiplexing, based on the ground-breaking DiviCom Electra® 8000 HD/SD MPEG-4 AVC/MPEG-2 platform
- Contribution and distribution solutions including low-latency newsgathering with Ellipse™ encoders and ProView™ integrated receiver decoders
- Solutions such as time-shifted TV, ad insertion, and digital mosaics that help operators cost-effectively create service differentiation and increase revenue potential
- Innovative and market leading cable solutions including the NSG™ 9000 universal edgeQAM, Direct-2-Edge™ cable IPTV, fiber-deep HFC, and RFOG
At stand 7.J11, Harmonic’s Rhozet™ business unit will debut its new innovative quality control module Carbon QC and demonstrate new feature enhancements to its market-leading Carbon Server and Carbon Coder™ transcoding solutions.
In addition to the demonstrations at IBC 2009, industry experts from Harmonic have been selected to speak at various technical conferences:
- Yan Mostovoy, marketing director of broadcast solutions, will share his expertise at the IBC Conference with a presentation titled “Digital Transmission: Experiences and Developments” on Saturday, September 12 at 9:00am.
- Ian Trow, director of broadcast solutions, will present a paper called “Making HDTV a Reality in Production & Delivery” at the IBC Conference, on September 12 at 1:00pm.
- Ovadia Cohen, director of business development, will participate in a panel session called “Adapting Your Business to the Global Video Content Cloud” as part of the World Teleport Association (WTA) activity hosted by SES ASTRA, at stand 1.B51, 4:00pm on September 12.
- Sunday, September 13 at 1:30pm, Patrick Waddell, manager, standards & regulatory, will participate as a panelist at the IBC Conference IEEE BTS session called “Audio Technology: Coding and Concatenation, Loudness and Lip Sync.”
- Thierry Fautier, director of telco solutions, will highlight Harmonic’s vision for “Mobile Video Delivery 2.0” at the Business Briefing Conference at 3:30pm on September 13.
- September 14, David Price, vice president of business development and marketing communications, will co-moderate two panels titled “The Future of Digital Television” for the MPEG Industry Forum Master Class at 1:30pm and 3:15pm.