StarHub Offers Mobile Television Service with SeaChange Multi-Screen Video SolutionTuesday, June 15th, 2010
Singapore Info-Communications Provider Selects SeaChange’s Intelligent Video Platform to Develop Mobile TV Services from Single Back Office
SINGAPORE — Singapore’s fully-integrated info-communications provider StarHub (Singapore: CC3) has deployed SeaChange International’s (NASDAQ: SEAC) Intelligent Video Platform in support of its mobile TV service. Providing a unified and open back office software solution for high-quality streaming over StarHub’s mobile network to any mobile device, the SeaChange Intelligent Video Platform was implemented on the “StarHub TV on Mobile” service this month. StarHub TV on Mobile offers users the ability to view 24 branded premium pay channels on their mobile handsets. SeaChange and StarHub will showcase the platform and the new mobile service at BroadcastAsia2010 and CommunicAsia2010 starting today.
StarHub serves over 1.9 million mobile subscribers and over half a million pay television households. The operator has integrated the Intelligent Video Platform to optimize personalized streaming video on the mobile platform as part of its unique triple-play “hubbing” strategy. StarHub’s Intelligent Video Platform deployment comprises:
- SeaChange Adrenalin™ mobile video system
- eventIS video-on-demand back office, to enable automated content and metadata ingest and to leverage workflows from the existing cable video-on-demand platform;
- Integrated Envivio 4caster™ encoders, supporting on-demand and live streaming of multiple mobile and video profiles;
- Solution design, systems integration, testing and maintenance by SeaChange Professional Services, among television’s most accomplished systems integration organizations.
“We’re constantly evolving our services to meet the demands of our customers. By providing the pay content that our customers want on the mobile platform, this will enable us to provide unique, value-added offerings while maintaining the high quality of service our customers expect,” said Desmond Poon, Vice President of Home Solutions & Architecture of StarHub’s Integrated Network Engineering.
“StarHub’s mobile television service is demonstrating how SeaChange has evolved its software product strategy to deliver a unified software platform to serve any consumer device on any network,” said Lincoln Owens, SeaChange’s Director of Broadband, Asia Pacific. “With its focus on seamless cross-platform QoS and full monetization, StarHub is creating services unlike anything the TV industry has seen, and which clearly represent where the industry is heading. We are very pleased that StarHub has again chosen to put to work the strength of our video focus and heritage.”
Over the last 10 years, the SeaChange Companies have provided on-demand, advertising and broadcasting solutions and services to StarHub. Other SeaChange on-demand solutions customers in the Americas and Europe are preparing to deploy its open Intelligent Video Platform in support of their multi-screen video initiatives. SeaChange anticipates announcing other deployments later this year.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023