Kabel Deutschland launches new generation HD DVRMonday, September 6th, 2010
UNTERFÖHRING — Kabel Deutschland Holding AG (Kabel Deutschland), Germany’s largest cable network operator, today launched its new “RCI88-320 KDG” HD DVR (High Definition Digital Video Recorder) from Sagemcom.
The new HD DVR features include:
- HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface)
- 320 GB hard disc drive – records up to 200 hours
- 4 tuners – watching TV while recording up to three programs at the same time
- Time shift
- Advanced EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) – 14 days of information
- Easy to use remote control
- Energy saving standby modus
The HD DVR will also serve as the technical platform for Kabel Deutschland’s VoD (Video on Demand) product which will be commercially launched later in the fiscal year. Kabel Deutschland believes the DVR is best in class in the market and will help to drive the digital penetration in its customer base.