Sigma Designs to Demo New Technology for Home Entertainment Networking, Home Control and Media Processing at IBC2010Monday, September 6th, 2010
AMSTERDAM & MILPITAS, Calif. — IBC2010 — Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM), a leading provider of System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions used to deliver entertainment and control throughout the home, will be showcasing to the company’s many innovations at IBC2010. Sigma Designs will be demonstrating cutting-edge technologies in media processing, home entertainment networking, and home control in its suite, located in the Balcony Suite BM24, on the Mezzanine Level, Hall 1.
At this year’s show, Sigma will give first-ever public demonstrations of:
- ClearPath, Sigma’s breakthrough home entertainment networking connectivity solution. This is the first powerline technology to employ MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) features for higher performance, greater reliability and improved throughput
- New thin-client solutions that enable service providers to install set top boxes throughout an entire home for significantly less cost than ever before
- New optimized solutions for Microsoft Mediaroom based on Sigma’s second-generation SMP8652 media processor. Sigma’s solution will show the highest CPU performance available along with substantial savings for new set top box designs
- The industry’s lowest cost, lowest power RVU remote user interface for set top boxes, which enables consumers to use DLNA to distribute their content across RVU-enabled devices in the home
Sigma will also showcase its popular Z-Wave solutions for home control. Through the widest ecosystem of devices available to consumers today, Z-Wave technology helps service providers increase Average Revenue Per Unit (ARPU) and net profits by enabling new services in home control, security, and energy management. Sigma’s Z-Wave solutions put home control in the palm of consumers’ hands. The demonstration will be a chance to test drive real-world applications — using Z-Wave to monitor and manage energy use, home entertainment systems, lighting and appliance control, HVAC systems, security, and access control for a home — all from a smart phone.
In addition, Sigma will also:
Redefine technical boundaries in home entertainment networking
- Sigma will show how its HomePlug AV and HomePNA solutions help service providers deliver content to more rooms, faster, more reliably, and at a lower cost than ever before
Empower innovation in processing media
- See Android and Over the Top (OTT) platforms that deliver twice the performance
- Learn how to offer more compelling interface capabilities and navigation to customers with new 3D graphic technologies
- Find breakthrough price performance in a cable TV application through a gateway and thin-client design
Only Sigma Designs can offer its customers a complete home solution in media processing, connectivity, and home control. Its media processors cover the range of customer needs for delivering content, from ultra-high performance as well as chipsets that enable very affordable solutions. In home connectivity, Sigma continues to deliver innovative solutions for service providers and CPE equipment manufacturers to offer cost-effective, reliable, and easy distribution methods for HD media content, triple-play services, and IPTV over a home’s electric power lines. Sigma’s industry-standard Z-Wave solutions transform stand-alone home devices into intelligent network nodes that can be controlled and monitored wirelessly. This enables service providers to increase ARPU and net profits by delivering compelling new services such as home control, security, energy management, and more.
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV