Mexico plans $1.6bn of DTT set-top box subsidySaturday, September 4th, 2010
The Government of Mexico will invest 1.6 billion USD to subsidise the purchase of DTT set-top boxes for the 23 million households in the country, the chairman of Mexico’s Federal Telecommunications Commission (Comisión Federal de Telecomunicaciones – COFETEL), Mony de Swaan, has said.
The subsidy will be funded out of the revenue from the auction of spectrum in the 700MHz band that will become free in 2012 as part of Mexico’s analogue switch over programme.
More: Mexico will finance the purchase of DTT STBs (NexTV Latam)
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store