NDS Group plc Reports First Quarter ResultsMonday, October 29th, 2007
Earnings Release for the Quarter Ended September 30, 2007
NDS Group Plc Reports First Quarter Results
“¢ Revenue for first quarter up 25% to $204.9 million
“¢ Operating income for first quarter up 31% to $58.3 million
“¢ Diluted net income per share up 30% to $0.79 per share
“¢ 78.6 million active digital TV smart cards
“¢ 69.9 million cumulative middleware clients deployed
“¢ 8.8 million cumulative DVR clients deployed
NEW YORK and LONDON — NDS Group plc (“NDS” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: NNDS), a majority-owned subsidiary of News Corporation that supplies open end-to-end digital technology and services to digital pay-television platform operations and content providers, announced today its results for the first quarter ended September 30, 2007.
Key Developments In The First Quarter
- Bharti Airtel, India’s largest cellular operator, has selected NDS’s market-leading VideoGuard® conditional access, MediaHighway® middleware, and a customized electronic program guide (EPG) for the company’s new direct-to-home satellite platform. Through these NDS solutions, Bharti Airtel gains the flexibility to introduce future enhancements including interactive applications and additional advanced services for subscribers.
- NDS VideoGuard conditional access technology has been selected by Tianjin Broadcast & TV Network Co. Ltd., based in China, to protect its new digital cable service. NDS technology will enable Tianjin Broadcast & TV Network to develop an industry-leading digital platform capable of securely delivering enhanced, value-added services to cable viewers in a robust environment that will be able to meet Tianjin’s business needs now and in the future.
- NDS announced an agreement with Vision TV, Ukraine’s first licensed DTH satellite pay-TV provider, to provide Vision TV with NDS’s VideoGuard conditional access and MediaHighway middleware, as well as an EPG.
- China’s Anhui Radio and Television Network Company selected NDS VideoGuard for the launch of digital cable TV services for its subscribers in Anhui.
- NDS announced an agreement to provide Serbia Broadband, the largest cable operator in Serbia, with an end-to-end system to secure and enable its national cable television platform. NDS already provides its VideoGuard Express™ system to Serbia Broadband’s direct-to-home satellite television service, which incorporates NDS’ conditional access, MediaHighway middleware and electronic program guide (EPG).
- NDS announced the acquisition of CastUp, Inc. (“CastUp”), a leader in solutions for the management and distribution of video over the Internet. CastUp, a profitable and fast growing company, will provide NDS with substantial know-how and experience in online video delivery.
- NDS has partnered with VBox and Cyberlink to deliver the first fully converged TV and PC platform to Israel’s ‘yes’. In addition, NDS announced that ‘yes’ has chosen to implement NDS VideoGuard PC™ to secure and enhance the functionality of its new web-based video content portal.