Flat TV Markets in Germany: Will 3D Television Sets be a Success?Friday, March 18th, 2011
Germany, Consumer Electronics
The answer is “yes”. GfK Retail and Technology recorded a total of 200,000 3D Television Sets sold in 2010. This number is expected to exceed one million TV sets by the end of 2011. One can therefore speak of a successful market penetration with further growth potential.
It is also positive to see that the sales of 3D Blu-ray Players, 3D AV Receivers and 3D Home Theatre Sets are developing parallel to 3D TV Set sales. In others words we can expect to see Germans equip their living rooms with 3D Home Cinema products this year. The future is bright for hi-fi and video devices in 2011.
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement