KDDI acquires experimental license for MediaFLO mobile broadcastingTuesday, November 27th, 2007
Acquisition of an experimental license for mobile multimedia broadcasting technology (MediaFLO)
MediaFLO™ Japan Planning Inc. recently obtained an experimental license to operate a MediaFLO1 station. Accordingly, the company installed today a test station and receivers in KDDI Designing Studio, and started to provide trial content.
The receivers are available for actual use by visitors to KDDI Designing Studio.
Details are attached.
 MediaFLO is a technology for mobile multimedia broadcasting services developed by Qualcomm, Inc. Its features include high spectrum efficiency and clipcasting2 capability. In the US, MediaFLO has been provided as a commercial service since March 2007.
 Clipcasting: A content delivery system in which content is received and stored automatically. Users can play stored content whenever they desire.
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland