Emblaze claims patent fees for use of MPEG-DASHTuesday, June 12th, 2012
License From Emblaze is Required for use of MPEG-DASH Standard (MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming Over HTTP)
HERZELIYA, Israel — Emblaze Ltd (LSE: BLZ) has recently filed a Patent Statement & Licensing Declaration with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) stating that the ISO/IEC 23009-1 standard for HTTP streaming of multimedia content, known as MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH), incorporates Emblaze’s patented streaming technology and, therefore, the use of this technology is subject to a license from Emblaze.
In June 2011, Emblaze informed the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) that a draft of HTTP Live Streaming that was proposed by Apple Inc. for standardisation, incorporates Emblaze’s patented streaming technology and, therefore, the use of this technology is not free and is subject to a license from Emblaze.
Emblaze filed a claim against Apple Inc. in a U.S. federal court for infringement of Emblaze’s Media Streaming technology, patent number US639473.
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland