Aston and Mstar release State of the Art Satellite receiver at CABSATWednesday, March 13th, 2013
Exclusively for CABSAT, Aston unveils XENA® HD Twin + card-less version based on Viaccess’ Embedded card-less CAS. XENA® HD Twin + is Aston’s new cutting edge satellite receiver, based on MStar MSD7862 (K2) chipset
DUBAI — Exclusively for CABSAT, Aston presents its new satellite receiver, XENA® HD Twin +, in card-less version. XENA® HD Twin + is the outcome of a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor and Aston’s historic partnership with Viaccess. This new receiver is packed up with the best of Aston technology: Twin tuner, HD/3D, PVR Ready, HbbTV, Push VOD, multi-room. CABSAT’s visitors can discover it on Aston’s booth.
An exclusive performances receiver
Thanks to MStar MSD 7862 (K2) rich functionalities and Aston hardware and software design control, Xena HD Twin + is packed with cutting edge technologies:
- HbbTV functionalities. This HbbTV plugin has been developed by MStar R&D and has been optimized and integrated by Aston team
- First Viaccess ACS 5.0 embedded receiver on the market
- HD PVR functionalities, developed and proven by Aston since 2006, ensuring stability and reliability to operators and users
- Twin tuner for full flexibility in recordings management.
- Integrated Push VOD functionalities in partnership with the French company Quadrille, with an optimum management thanks to twin tuner capacities
- Exclusive Aston technology for multi-room streaming in secure mode without using a second smartcard on the secondary receivers
- Integrated Android technologies. XENA® HD Twin + can be drive with a Smartphone or a tablet.
Thanks to the new partnership signed in between Conax and MStar end of 2012, the Xena HD Twin + will undergo the stringent Conax security certification process by the end of 2013. Aston also anounce a XENA® HD Twin + single tuner version, allowing HbbTV technology access in optimal economic conditions.
Exclusively at CABSAT : XENA® HD Twin + in card-less version
Aston unveils the first card-less satellite receiver using Viaccess Embedded CAS. The receiver usage is simplified as there is no need for a smartcard anymore to watch Pay TV programs. Content protection is handled directly by the Viaccess software directly integrated in the receiver thus complying with operators’ security and monetization requirements.
In addition, Aston has integrated Viaccess’ Embedded CAS technology in its new range of consumer CI+ 1.3 CAMs. Aston also announces that all new STBs launched from now on will propose the Embedded CAS functionality. Aston will be the very first manufacturer proposing such a wide range of card-less reception solutions complementing the existing card-based reception solutions.
Aston and MStar: an efficient partnership
Thanks to both R&D teams involvement, development of XENA® HD Twin + has been executed in less than one year!
“Aston welcomes MStar involvement and reaction time to give us the best support flow and its adaptation to our needs. This was one of the key items of project execution speed and success.”, says, Stéphane Nitenberg, Aston CEO
“MStar is very proud to power Xena HD Twin + with our MSD 7862 (K2). This new chip performance highlight innovative and speed of this multiscreen platform while remaining affordable. This product showcase Aston and MStar potential on advanced operators markets”, said Philippe Notton, MStar STB Vice President.
Visible results on this new product show Aston capacity in capitalizing on partner relationship to offer to the markets, innovatives, efficients and best quality/cost products.