TV Connect Sees Launch of ACCESSMyTV™ 2.0 Enabling Operators to Compete against OTT ProvidersThursday, March 14th, 2013
ACCESS demonstrates new social TV architecture with Facebook integration to improve time-to-market for operators wishing to add Social TV and OTT services to their consumer offering
OBERHAUSEN, Germany — ACCESS CO., LTD, today announced it will launch ACCESSMyTV™ 2.0 at TV Connect. New features include social TV enhancements and operator specific APIs providing security functionality that make ACCESSMyTV 2.0 ready for prime time. The platform has been designed to provide operators with the simplest route to launch OTT or TTM services of their own. ACCESSMyTV 2.0 enables broadcasters to promote their existing content libraries and even augment with freely available Internet content in a service that complements their existing broadcast services.
New features of ACCESSMyTV 2.0 include:
- Enables consumers to discover content relevant to them and already available through their operator without additional subscriptions
- New social TV architecture includes Facebook integration (on PC, phone, tablet and STB) to enable consumers to share their media experiences and promote the operator brand and content offering
- Helps increase buy rates for on-demand content through social discovery, recommendations and personal channels.
“I’m hearing on an almost daily basis that operators are increasingly frustrated that consumers are watching movies through a third-party OTT service when they could have watched the same movie at lower cost – or even free within an existing subscription – and higher quality through the operator’s substantial VoD offering”, said Kiyoyasu Oishi, Chairman, and CEO, ACCESS Europe.
“We have designed ACCESSMyTV 2.0 to enable operators to help their customers discover relevant content by combining data from all their premium content libraries and potentially adding freely available Internet content to fight the OTT providers. The operator has many advantages over OTT providers, and with ACCESSMyTV 2.0 we enable them to highlight this position of strength to their customers by utilising unique social TV and media sharing capabilities, so that operators launching ACCESSMyTV 2.0 powered services can compete and win against the stand-alone OTT services,” concluded Foster.
New APIs to enhance operator control and speed to market for ACCESSMyTV 2.0 powered services include:
- Simplified media sharing between TV/STBs, PCs, tablets and smartphones
- Simple sharing of content with consumers’ TV social graph
- Enhanced user authentication and encrypted data transfers to protect consumer information.