HyperPanel Lab and Celeno showcase IPTV head-end for residential useThursday, September 12th, 2013
HyperPanel Lab and Celeno showcase a disruptive home IPTV head-end tailored specifically for residential use
AMSTERDAM — HyperPanel Lab and Celeno Communications today announced that they are combining their unique and complementary expertise in order to offer the first Home IPTV Head-End designed and priced specifically to tackle the residential market.
Today, the rate of IPTV service deployment is drastically limited by two main factors:
- The costly deployment of multiple, rack-mounted IPTV head-ends by Telecom Operators to enable managed IPTV services
- The 3 kilometer distance limitation between centralized head-ends and subscriber residences (distance is substantially less for HDTV services).
In order to overcome the above challenges, IPTV service providers have been offering DTH and DTT connected set-top boxes to expand and scale their TV service to all subscribers.
However, the solution lacks the flexibility to accommodate multi-room video sharing as well as the ability to support portable screens. A new approach is required to achieve optimal home video distribution that will allow multi-room connectivity and streaming to wireless screens while minimizing infrastructure costs and optimizing OPEX.
HyperPanel and Celeno have created a fully-fledged Home IPTV Head-End tailored specifically for residential use. This solution harnesses the benefits of DTT and DTH video ubiquity with IP-video flexibility to reach multiple rooms and portable devices throughout the Home Cloud.
HyperPanel Lab and Celeno Communications have combined their core technologies to offer a disruptive consumer IPTV Head-End platform.
- HyperPanel Lab is responsible for the entire front-end component which is comprised of four Broadcast tuners which running smoothly in parallel – either Satellite or DTT, a real NAS managed HDD to create a local Home TV Cloud (indoor OTT & network DVR), as well as a multiscreen integrated Head-End system for multiplexing, IP repurposing and CAS/DRM function when required.
- Celeno is responsible for the home distribution network, powering best-of-breed wireless solutions, – 802.11n and 802.11ac Video Bridges, which deliver unrivalled QoS for wireless multiscreen HDTV, by addressing optimization issues in air time management, beam steering and interference mitigation.
“Enabling IPTV Head-End equipment to operate in the residential market aligns us with the FEMTOCELL industry initiative breakthrough in the mobile space in which mobile operators are providing improved cellular coverage at home utilizing low-power indoor wireless Access Points that operate within their 3G licensed spectrum” stated Mr Laoreato Santonastasi, CEO of HyperPanel Lab.
“This Home IPTV Head-End solution is fulfilling the growing need for an open multi-screen wireless HDTV video ecosystem, enabling whole home indoor coverage of Broadcast TV. Celeno is ideally positioned to capitalize on this growing trend by helping service providers ensure subscriber satisfaction while increasing ARPU.” said Mr Gilad Rozen, CEO of Celeno.
- HyperPanel Lab will demonstrate the solution at IBC on its ODM partner booth – ASKEY Computer Corporation – 3.A38
- Meet Celeno Communications at IBC on Booth # 3.B20b