Cisco reaches over 100 million digital TV homes in Asia PacificThursday, October 17th, 2013
Cisco Reaches over 100 Million Digital TV Homes and 340 Million Viewers in Asia Pacific
SINGAPORE — In the rapidly-growing digital television (TV) industry in Asia Pacific, Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the leading provider of conditional access (CA) and digital rights management (DRM) solutions, securing content that is delivered to more than 100 million digital homes in the region. This important milestone reinforces the company’s leadership in the digital TV industry in Asia Pacific.
Using an industry-estimated average of 3.3 people per household, Cisco’s market-leading VideoGuard conditional access and digital rights management technology is now providing the critical protection of premium content to over 340 million viewers.
Cisco is in prime position to address the changing needs of operators now and into the future with a Research and Development (R&D) center in Bangalore, India that is dedicated to the development of video technology. With its continued commitment to research and innovation, the company currently enjoys the largest market share of the estimated 257 million digital TV homes in Asia Pacific (Source: MPA Report, May 2013).
- Cisco® VideoGuard conditional access and digital rights management solutions make Cisco the leading CA provider in Asia Pacific with a market share of 31% (Source: Screen Digest Report 2013 and Cisco’s internal subscriber data).
- Cisco is a trusted pay-TV technology partner for over 150 Pay-TV operators as well as media and entertainment companies worldwide, including leading Direct-to-home (DTH) and cable operator customers in Asia Pacific like Airtel Digital TV, Astro, Foxtel, Hathway, Oriental Cable Network, Sichuan Cable TV and Tata Sky.
- Cisco recently announced the key milestone of over 30 million digital TV homes in India with an estimated 150 million viewers.
- Cisco is committed to delivering world-leading, affordable and innovative solutions and services to help its satellite and cable customers to differentiate their services in their respective markets in Asia.
Sue Taylor, Vice President Sales, Asia Pacific, Service Provider Video Software Solutions
“Achieving the milestone of over 100 million digital homes in this region is a testament to our commitment to Asia Pacific over the last 20 years, and our partnerships with some of the most successful cable TV and DTH satellite platforms in the region. This industry in Asia Pacific is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic in the world. We look forward to serving millions more households that can benefit from Cisco’s enhanced TV-viewing experiences, as the demand for advanced services and applications surges.”
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution