Belgacom TV adds 30,000 subscriptions in 1Q 2014Friday, May 9th, 2014
+30,000 Belgacom TV subscriptions, increasing the total TV customer base to 1,495,000
The Belgacom Group has reported results for the first quarter of 2014. Belgacom closed a commercially strong quarter, solidly growing its customer base for mobile postpaid, Belgacom TV and Fixed Internet.
Consumer Business Unit – CBU
The first-quarter 2014 TV revenue grew by 8.0% to EUR 70 million, as a result of the continued subscriber growth. In the first quarter 2014, Belgacom added a solid 30,000 TV subscriptions (i.e. including +9,000 multiple set-top boxes), slightly increasing Belgacom’s TV market share in all regions. CBU ended March 2014 with a total TV customer base of 1,495,000, of which 269,000 were multiple streams. The TV ARPU showed a 3.9% growth year-over-year to EUR 19.0 driven by the TV Everywhere product option.
Operationals Consumer Business Unit (CBU):
Q113 Q213 Q313 Q413 Q114 ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- TV (thousands)* 1,412 1,428 1,447 1,465 1,495 TV - households 1,170 1,184 1,198 1,204 1,225 of which multiple set-top boxes 242 245 249 260 269
* As of 2014, pending orders are excluded from the total TV customer base. Q4 2013 TV customer figures have been restated accordingly. There is no impact on the 2013 quarterly net adds and the 2013 ARPU’s.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution